Health Insurance Quotes
Featured Health Insurance Basics Stories
How to navigate the new world of health insurance under the Affordable Care Act.
We look at ways your health insurance plan at work can push you around.
You might not be too happy about what employer health plans can make you do.
Additional Health Insurance Basics Articles
- 6 health insurance freebies for pregnant women and new moms
See the health care expenses you won't have to labor over.
- Health care reform: A timeline to important changes
Learn what changes have been implemented and what's still to come under the Affordable Care Act.
- Health insurance basics
Learn about the types of health insurance plans available, with the pros and cons of each.
- HIPAA: Your rights to health insurance portability
HIPAA imposes limits on the extent to which some group health plans can exclude health insurance for pre-existing conditions. �Learn more about HIPAA protections.
- I'm paying for what?! Mandated health insurance benefits
Sure, you want your treatments covered by insurance, but at what price?
- Know your COBRA rights
Whether you received a pink slip, resigned or have been cut down to part-time, you should know your COBRA rights.
- Medigap insurance: Filling in Medicare's gaps
Here's how Medicare supplement insurance plugs the holes left by Medicare.
- The basics of critical illness insurance
Although survival rates are on the rise for many medical conditions, a debilitating illness and the costs associated with loss of income can lead to…
- The basics of group health insurance
There is power in numbers, especially when it comes to finding affordable health insurance. Here's how group health insurance works.
- The basics of major medical health insurance
Major medical health insurance is typically characterized by high deductibles and low monthly premiums. These plans typically cover only major hospital and medical expenses above…
- What is a pre-existing condition, exactly?
Is a condition you never knew you had considered “pre-existing”? We answer this and other questions.
- Whitney Houston's tragic death puts spotlight on drug and alcohol addiction…
The need for rehab spans all economic and social lines.
- Your options for dental insurance
If you don't have group dental insurance through work, plans are readily available online.