Health Insurance Quotes
Featured Health Insurance Claims Stories
People often choose health plans based on the in-network doctors. What can you do when the network changes?
Just because your doctor refuses to take insurance doesn't mean you can't get reimbursement.
Additional Health Insurance Claims Articles
- "Birthday rule" determines health insurance coverage
If you and your spouse have your own health insurance plans, the "birthday rule" determines which plan pays first.
- 10 tips for getting your health insurance claims paid
Get the reimbursements you deserve! These common-sense actions will help speed your claim money.
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder and insurance
If your child has been diagnosed with attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), you'll need to find proper health insurance coverage. Here's what you need to know.
- Busted! Part 2: How health insurance companies spot bogus claims
Health insurance companies have a long list of red flags.
- California pushes insurance companies to cover autism treatment
California parents face an uphill battle to get coverage of treatment for kids with autism.
- Cigna is the least likely to deny your health insurance claim
A study by the AMA finds the highs and lows of health insurance claims.
- Copayment coupons for brand-name drugs could raise health insurance costs
Copayment coupons may sound like a great deal, but are they making our health insurance more expensive?
- Emergency room care: Know your rights
If you go to the emergency room, federal law entitles you to certain rights. Find out what they are.
- Family secrets: Adult children's health insurance claims can be private
Your kids could be making secret medical insurance claims.
- Free drugs are a prescription for higher health care costs
Take a free sample this month, choke on the medical bill next month.
- Get your health insurance company to help you quit smoking
If you need help kicking the nicotine habit but your insurer pushes back, don't give up.
- Have I got a bad deal for you! The rise of…
The worse the economy gets, the more con artists rise to the surface with schemes to trick you out of your hard-earned money, including a…
- Having health insurance won't help you get a doctor's appointment
Cancer patients can have a tough time getting appointments, even if they have health insurance.
- Health insurance companies tear up bills for major medical mistakes
There are medical mistakes so serious, so outrageous, that they are called Never Events. Many health insurance companies will no longer pay for them.
- Health insurance coverage for breast reconstruction surgery after mastectomy
The Women's Health and Cancer Rights Act is a federal law that that requires health insurance companies and self-insured group health plans that cover mastectomies…
- Health insurance for nuclear disaster
Here's how the health care system and health insurance would respond to a nuclear crisis.
- Health insurers should stop paying for painkiller abuse
Painkiller addicts are making health plans swallow the cost of prescriptions.
- Hey, is that really your health insurance dependent?
With rising health benefit costs and a tough economy, a growing number of employers are asking for documentation to verify dependents on health plans.
- Hire your own health insurance claims assistant
Learn how specialists can help you with tricky health insurance claims.
- How to avoid a health insurance claim denial -- and what…
Good documentation can help you avoid denials, as well as knowing exactly what your policy covers. Read more on avoiding denials.