Featured Life Insurance Basics Stories
Do you suspect that a relative, friend or neighbor wants to secretly profit from your demise?
Learn how legal instruments can make sure your wishes are carried out.
Want good test results -- and good life insurance rates? Avoid these mistakes.
Additional Life Insurance Basics Articles
- What to do if you're the beneficiary of a "lapsed" life…
If the policyholder stopped making payments, you can still try to collect some money.
- 5 ways to screw up your life insurance
Some boneheaded life insurance blunders can cost you dearly.
- 8 big life insurance mistakes to avoid
Ditching an unsuitable life insurance policy after paying premiums for several years is a terrible waste of money. Here are the biggest mistakes to avoid.
- 8 life insurance myths
Database of life insurance policies? Nope. Group life is enough? Hardly. We examine these and other myths.
- Are you too old to buy affordable life insurance?
We examine the trade-offs of buying life insurance when you're a senior.
- Can you dispute a life insurance beneficiary?
When the beneficiary of a life insurance policy is disputed, it becomes a legal issue and a matter for the courts to decide.
- Cash value life insurance: Show me the money
A permanent life insurance policy can make sense, but know what to look for.
- How to convert a term life policy to permanent life insurance
Here's something your life insurance company may not tell you: You can turn a term policy into a permanent one.
- How to do a 'needs analysis' before you buy life insurance
Here's how to make your list and check it twice -- to find the right life insurance amount.
- How to find lost life insurance policies
Here's how to search for a life insurance policy you suspect exists.
- How to maximize the cash value of a permanent life insurance…
You don't want to die without utilizing the cash value built up in your policy. Here are strategies to avoid this mistake.
- Is your spouse secretly taking you off a life insurance policy?
Here's why you don't have a right to know if you're no longer a life insurance beneficiary.
- Life insurance basics
How to find the right policy and the best company.
- Open wide: Oral swab testing tells life insurance companies how healthy…
When you apply for life insurance, don't be surprised if your agent reaches for a Q-tip.
- Protect yourself from 'insurance revenge' during divorce
Vindictive spouses can cause substantial damage through insurance policies.
- Term vs. perm life insurance: Which one is right for you?
Term or perm? This crucial decision is the first you'll face as you evaluate your life insurance options.
- The 10 most uninsurable celebrities
Fast cars, drugs and "cheating death" will likely spell insurance trouble for these famous folks.
- The 5 most terrifying life insurance words
Yikes! These words spell trouble when it comes to life insurance.
- The advantages of survivorship life insurance policies
Here are the reasons you'd want to purchase a survivorship life insurance policy.
- The basics of permanent life insurance
With a permanent life insurance policy, you don't have to worry about possibly outliving your policy term because your contract gives you coverage for your…