Featured Life Insurance Basics Stories
Want good test results -- and good life insurance rates? Avoid these mistakes.
Here's how to search for a life insurance policy you suspect exists.
Yikes! These words spell trouble when it comes to life insurance.
Additional Life Insurance Basics Articles
- What to do if you're the beneficiary of a "lapsed" life…
If the policyholder stopped making payments, you can still try to collect some money.
- 5 ways to screw up your life insurance
Some boneheaded life insurance blunders can cost you dearly.
- 8 big life insurance mistakes to avoid
Ditching an unsuitable life insurance policy after paying premiums for several years is a terrible waste of money. Here are the biggest mistakes to avoid.
- 8 life insurance myths
Database of life insurance policies? Nope. Group life is enough? Hardly. We examine these and other myths.
- Are you too old to buy affordable life insurance?
We examine the trade-offs of buying life insurance when you're a senior.
- Can someone have a secret life insurance policy on you?
Do you suspect that a relative, friend or neighbor wants to secretly profit from your demise?
- Can you dispute a life insurance beneficiary?
When the beneficiary of a life insurance policy is disputed, it becomes a legal issue and a matter for the courts to decide.
- Cash value life insurance: Show me the money
A permanent life insurance policy can make sense, but know what to look for.
- Divorce. Revenge.
Tom and Katie -- and everyone else thinking of divorce -- should understand how insurance policies can be weapons.
- How to convert a term life policy to permanent life insurance
Here's something your life insurance company may not tell you: You can turn a term policy into a permanent one.
- How to do a 'needs analysis' before you buy life insurance
Here's how to make your list and check it twice -- to find the right life insurance amount.
- How to maximize the cash value of a permanent life insurance…
You don't want to die without utilizing the cash value built up in your policy. Here are strategies to avoid this mistake.
- Is your spouse secretly taking you off a life insurance policy?
Here's why you don't have a right to know if you're no longer a life insurance beneficiary.
- Life insurance basics
How to find the right policy and the best company.
- Open wide: Oral swab testing tells life insurance companies how healthy…
When you apply for life insurance, don't be surprised if your agent reaches for a Q-tip.
- Term vs. perm life insurance: Which one is right for you?
Term or perm? This crucial decision is the first you'll face as you evaluate your life insurance options.
- The 10 most uninsurable celebrities
Fast cars, drugs and "cheating death" will likely spell insurance trouble for these famous folks.
- The advantages of survivorship life insurance policies
Here are the reasons you'd want to purchase a survivorship life insurance policy.
- The basics of permanent life insurance
With a permanent life insurance policy, you don't have to worry about possibly outliving your policy term because your contract gives you coverage for your…
- The purpose of retained asset accounts for life insurance benefits
Life insurance companies have routinely placed death benefit payouts into beneficiary accounts for the past 20 years, with relatively few consumer complaints -- until now.