Featured Life Insurance & Medical Conditions Stories
Prudential tries something new. Like not sending anyone to your house.
If you are among the majority of cancer patients who survive for at least five years following a diagnosis, you may face another battle: buying life insurance.
From hookah to e-cigs to cigars, every insurer has its own way of defining "smoking."
Additional Life Insurance & Medical Conditions Articles
- "What insurance companies say about you" series: Your MIB life insurance…
If you've applied for life insurance in the last seven years, MIB likely has a file on you. We got our own MIB report to…
- Breast cancer survivors are getting better access to life insurance
Life insurance companies are making it easier for breast cancer survivors to qualify for policies and good rates.
- Buying life insurance when you have a history of depression
Life insurance companies have lightened up on how they view depression and anxiety. Here's how to get better rates.
- Frozen in time: How life insurance can make you immortal
Cryogenics promises to preserve our bodies until "re-animation" is possible. Here's how life insurance can fund the plans.
- Good fat: How being overweight can work to your advantage
If obesity is so bad, why do fat heart patients survive longer than their normal-weight counterparts? This and other observations of the "obesity paradox."
- Good genes may get you to age 100, but not better…
If life insurance companies value long life, why don't they prize the superior genes that get you to age 100?
- How impaired-risk specialists find life insurance for people with medical problems
If there's a health problem in your medical history that raises red flags in the life insurance application process, you may want to enlist the…
- How many years of your life will you lose to smoking?
Life insurance companies understand the risks of using nicotine and charge you accordingly.
- The lowdown on life insurance medical exams
Getting the best possible medical exam results will mean better rates.
- The most expensive medical conditions for life insurance shoppers
If you’re shopping for a life insurance policy, you know that health problems will result in a higher premium. But what are the most expensive…
- Why life insurance companies love blood and urine
Your body fluids provide a revealing window into your life.