Ask the Car Insurance Expert
Penny Gusner has been working in the car insurance business for more than 10 years. She researches your questions, from the routine to the bizarre, with equal enthusiasm. Read More
Want to know if your question is answered?
Who is responsible for paying the car insurance bill?
You are the policyholder and thus ultimately responsible for making certain the car insurance bi.....
Is there a grace period to add a new driver to my car insurance policy?
Car insurance companies’ rules vary so your wife might have coverage for a few days to give you time to contact your.....
Additional Car Insurance Expert Questions
- Will my car insurance company pay if I hit a deer but had my car towed away?
- Will car insurance cover scratches made when clearing ice off my car?
- If I have two cars in different states, in which state should I buy car insurance?
- Does car insurance cover cat damage?
- If I swear at a police officer will I get a ticket? Would it affect my car insurance?
- I retired and sold my car. Do I still need car insurance?
- Do I have to tell my car insurance company I totaled my vehicle?
- Why do some car insurance companies ask for your VIN when you request a quote?
- I flipped my car into a canal. What will my car insurance company pay if I have minimum coverage?
- My teen moved in with his mother. Do I have to keep him on my car insurance policy?
- If an excluded driver takes my car without consent and crashes will my insurer pay?
- If my insurer’s total loss payment didn’t pay off my loan can I file a second claim with the at-fault driver’s insurer?
- Do I have to keep my wife that doesn’t drive on my auto policy?
- Can my auto insurer ask for proof of new policy or residence change in order to drop my teen?
- If uncle owns car, can I insure it as the principal driver?
- Can I claim for accident that occurred months ago due to new damage found?
- Will liability coverage cover me backing into my wife’s car?
- Is my niece covered to drive my car occasionally?
- What is the best way to negotiate a good settlement for my totaled vehicle?
- What coverage pays for broken arm received in single-car accident?
- What do I do if an at-fault driver won't give me his insurance information?
- My friend borrowed my truck and hit a pole. Whose insurance pays?
- I insured my car 2 days ago and reversed into a pole. Will comprehensive cover it?
- How can I get insurance on my girlfirend’s car if it is not under my name and she does not have a license and mine is suspended?
- No one will sell auto insurance to my son after two accidents.
- I hit a parked car. Will I have to pay a deductible?
- Does California have a law regulating the percentage of the ACV (Actual Cash Value) used to determine a total loss?
- I drove my car into the ditch, oops. Does my insurance cover this?
- If I was in an accident and my car insurance dropped me, can my new insurance company cover the cost of my accident?
- Should I drop collision coverage on the car I just paid off?
- If I only carry liability insurance and someone hits me and totals my car, can my car be fixed as long as they carry full coverage or collision?
- Have a question about car insurance? Get an answer here.
- Do I need to purchase car insurance before I buy a new car?
- Do red cars cost more to insure?