Featured Car Insurance Policies Stories
People often make disastrous mistakes without even realizing it. Here’s a look at the nitty-gritty of car insurance rules.
Here's how you get labeled a high-risk driver by insurers – and how can you regain your good name and reasonable rates.
If you don't own a car but drive often, it may be a good idea to buy a non-owner car insurance policy.
Additional Car Insurance Policies Articles
- 12 horrible pieces of insurance advice
Insurance experts reveal cringe-worthy suggestions.
- 12 things your auto insurance agent knows that you don’t
Car insurance agents have the insider information you wish you had.
- 15 things you didn't know your car and home insurance policies…
Your insurance policies probably include coverage you've never thought about. Don't lose out by not knowing you can make an insurance claim!
- 5 good reasons to buy a more expensive policy
Why you should look beyond price when you buy auto or homeowners insurance.
- 5 questions to ask your car insurance agent
Asking the right questions when you get car insurance quotes can save you money and frustration.
- Auto insurers prepare for self-driving cars and frayed nerves
Insurers like State Farm are trying to stay ahead of the fast-moving developments in autonomous vehicles.
- Biggest insurance myths involve houses, red cars and big crashes
Our new survey pinpoints the biggest insurance confusions among consumers.
- Car insurance and registration when you move
Missing or ignoring the deadline to transfer your paperwork could prove costly.
- Car insurance customers feeling dissatisfied
The latest survey by J.D. Power and Associates shows a significant drop in customer satisfaction ratings.
- Car insurance customers who seem unlikely to switch might be charged…
Maybe loyalty doesn't pay. Reports suggest car insurers will raise rates on customers who seem unlikely to switch companies.
- Car insurance for blind drivers (you heard that right)
A new prototype car will help blind people drive. Can car insurance for blind drivers be far behind?
- Car warranties versus auto insurance
Understand the differences so you don't buy the wrong thing.
- Cheeseheads trying to cope with new Wisconsin auto insurance laws
This year ushered in a time of great insurance confusion in Wisconsin.
- Designated driver services keep drunks off the road but put strangers…
Quick – which would you choose: Driving home sloshed or handing your car keys to a NYC cabbie?
- Determining which drivers must be listed on your car insurance policy
You’re responsible for problems when others drive your car. Having the right coverage will protect you.
- Does your 5-year-old need full auto insurance coverage?
Today’s on-the-go kids have their own little wheels but still need Mom and Dad’s insurance.
- Don’t let your kids ride-share with your car
Know what’s in store when your kids click "agree" on a ride-sharing app.
- Driverless cars on the horizon, but insurers pulling up the rear
Auto insurers’ current ways of assessing customers and pricing policies will soon be obsolete.
- Erie Insurance makes astounding promise: No rate increases
Erie's new program lets you lock in car insurance rates indefinitely.
- How to give a car as a gift -- and keep…
Financing, titling and insurance for a secret car gift requires some special timing.