Car Insurance Quotes

Find Affordable Auto Insurance

Yes No

Ask the Car Insurance Expert

My car was hit while parked at a friend’s house. The driver admitted fault but doesn't want to give his insurance information. What should I do next to get this resolved?

The answer varies by state.  In some states you can make a police report and they would look into it and obtain the other person's information.  With other states, you need to file a crash report with the DMV and then the DMV looks into it and should be able to give you the other person's information. 

[Let help you find affordable car insurance now.]

Or, if you have the person's license plate number, in some states you can use that to call the DMV and find out at least the insurance carrier for the car.

Last updated: Mar. 14, 2014 Redesign Survey