Car Insurance Quotes

Find Affordable Auto Insurance

Yes No

Ask the Car Insurance Expert

I was rear ended by an uninsured driver. My insurance adjuster states that I did not select the correct options on my uninsured coverage to have my auto repaired. I am at a lost as to what to do.

I don’t know terms of your policy, but it’s possible that you have only UMBI – meaning Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury. This would cover injuries you sustain from an uninsured driver. You might not have UMPD – Uninsured Motorist Property Damage. This pays for car damage from a crash with an uninsured driver. I recommend you call your agent to find out exactly what you have.

[Let help you find affordable car insurance now.]

If you have collision coverage, you could make a claim on that. The downside is that the claim amount would be reduced by your collision deductible.

Last updated: Feb. 13, 2014 Redesign Survey