Car Insurance Quotes

Find Affordable Auto Insurance

Yes No

Ask the Car Insurance Expert

My car was stolen by a 17-year-old that was recently covered on his mothers insurance, but is now not listed on her policy. How do I go about getting the insurance to pay my car off for the loss and damages, and to be able to get me another car.

I hope you have comprehensive coverage – that’s the type of insurance that will pay for damage due to theft. If your car is “totaled” from the theft you should receive the value of the car at the time of the theft.

[Let help you find affordable car insurance now.]

It doesn’t matter that the teenager wasn’t on his mother’s auto insurance policy – her policy wouldn’t pay for damage he does while committing a crime.

If you don’t have comprehensive insurance you could try suing them.  Of course you can’t squeeze blood from a stone.

Last updated: Sep. 13, 2013 Redesign Survey