Chubb Car Insurance
About Chubb Corporation
In the spring of 1882, Thomas Caldecot Chubb and his son Percy opened a marine underwriting business in the seaport district of New York City. Having collected $1,000 from each of the 100 prominent merchants to start their venture, they focused on insuring ships and cargoes. The Chubbs were adept at turning risk into success, often by helping their policyholders prevent disasters before they occurred. By the turn of the century, Chubb had established strong relationships with the insurance agents and brokers who placed their clients’ business with Chubb underwriters and the original subscribers enjoyed a substantial return on their investment in the young company.
The Chubb Corporation was formed in 1967 and was listed on the New York Stock Exchange in 1984. It ranks among the top 11 publicly traded insurance organizations based on revenues in the United States.
With roughly 10,600 employees throughout North America, Europe, South America and the Pacific Rim, Chubb serves property and casualty customers from some 120 offices in 28 countries around the globe. Chubb works with 8,500 independent agents and brokers worldwide.
Chubb Car Insurance Says
Chubb offers a wide range of coverage options to meet the needs of customers for private passenger auto insurance:
- Collision coverage
- Comprehensive coverage, for damage other than through collision
- Physical damage coverage, including both collision and comprehensive
- Vehicle liability coverage for damages to another's vehicle or property
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage
- "No-fault" coverage, for medical treatment or funeral expenses in the case of an accident
- Personal injury protection coverage for reasonable and necessary medical needs and lost wages
Contact Chubb at:
Chubb Group of Insurance Companies
15 Mountain View Road
Warren, NJ 07059
Telephone: (908) 572-2000
Sources: "Chubb History", Chubb web site; "Understanding Auto Coverage", Chubb web site