Donegal Insurance Group Car Insurance
About Donegal Insurance Group
Donegal Insurance Group traces its origins to the formation of the Donegal and Conoy Mutual Fire Insurance Company in Marietta, Pennsylvania. In 1889, the company was formed by area farmers in order to protect themselves from the potentially devastating financial impact of losing their property by fire. Eventually the name of the company was changed to Donegal Mutual Insurance Company.
Donegal Insurance Group Says
Its car insurance policies provide coverage for bodily injury and property damage liability to others, as well as physical damage coverage for the vehicle.
- Bodily injury liability provides coverage for legal responsibilities for accidents causing injuries to other drivers, pedestrians and passengers. Property damage liability coverage provides protection for accidents that damage the property of others. Legal defense costs, if any, are also covered
- Uninsured and/or underinsured motorist coverage protects the customer and family members from the cost of an injury in an accident if it was caused by an uninsured or underinsured motorist.
Other attractive features of its auto insurance polices include:
- PACE protector endorsement
- Good student discounts
- High chargeable accident thresholds
- First accident forgiveness programs
- Extra edge discounts for superior drivers
Donegal's Automobile policies offer various options to help the customer get the most out of their insurance coverage. The company offers collision coverage to cover the costs of repair from auto damage caused by another vehicle. It also offers "Other Than Collision" coverage for fire, theft, vandalism, glass breakage and other perils. Customers can add coverage for towing and labor charges in the event that their car is disabled, and rental reimbursement coverage to pay for the cost of a rental car following a vehicular loss.
Contact Donegal Insurance Group at:
Donegal Insurance Group
1195 River Road
P.O. Box 302
Marietta, PA 17547
Telephone: (800) 877-0600
Sources: "History", Donegal Group Web site; "Personal Insurance", Donegal Web site, 2009