Emmet Pierce has received numerous writing honors, including the California Reinvestment Coalition's 2009 news media award. In mid-2011 he captured five writing awards from the San Diego chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists. They included first- and second-place honors in both the business and science categories. Emmet was one of the first journalists in the country to report on the likelihood of the recent mortgage market meltdown. Before he came to Insure.com, he worked as a freelance writer and as a business reporter for The San Diego Union-Tribune. He served as an associate editor for the 2010 University of California, San Diego Rady Business Journal.
Follow him on Twitter @EmmetPierce or Emmet Pierce on Google Plus .
Latest Articles by Emmet Pierce
- The Mother's Day Index 2012: Mom's value down.…... Last Modified: May. 2, 2013
- Most and least expensive 2012 vehicles to insure... Last Modified: Jan. 10, 2013
- Long-term care insurance tax deduction limits to increase…... Last Modified: Oct. 23, 2012
- Stop with this complicated insurance stuff!... Last Modified: Oct. 22, 2012
- A good health plan at work leads to…... Last Modified: Oct. 10, 2012
- The 7 most terrifying car insurance words... Last Modified: Oct. 30, 2012
- Long-term care insurance options are dwindling... Last Modified: Aug. 30, 2012
- Insure.com analysis: Percentage of income spent on auto…... Last Modified: Aug. 6, 2012
- Things that go boom: 7 common household explosions... Last Modified: May. 13, 2013
- 7 ways to investigate an insurance company online... Last Modified: Sep. 14, 2012