Health Insurance Quotes
Ask the Health Insurance Expert
Penny Gusner has been working in the car insurance business for more than 10 years. She researches your questions, from the routine to the bizarre, with equal enthusiasm. Read More
Want to know if your question is answered?
Can I add my out-of-state child to my health insurance plan?
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) allows young adults under age 26 to remain on a parent’s h.....
Why is my health insurance company asking me if my wife has another policy?
Several reasons could be behind your health insurance company's request for information.....
Additional Health Insurance Expert Questions
- Can I opt out of my union health insurance plan?
- Do I have to tell health insurance company that my wife is pregnant?
- Can I make my 23-year-old chip in for health insurance costs?
- How do I get off my husband’s job-based group health insurance plan?
- Does the “birthday rule” apply to spouses’ health insurance coverage?
- Can my employer force me to take its health insurance plan?
- Can my employer require me to keep a child on health insurance if she has her own job-based health plan?
- What happens if COBRA coverage expires while I’m in the hospital after surgery?
- Can an employer automatically enroll me in a health insurance plan?
- Will parent’s secondary coverage pay what my primary health insurer does not?
- Can using your health insurance too much affect your employer’s plan cost?
- Should my health insurance benefits start immediately with my new job?
- At 24 can my parents legally drop me from their health insurance plan?
- How does the deductible work when you lose insurance or change health insurers?
- Can your job-based health insurance be canceled the day you quit?
- My job-based health insurance is expensive. Can I shop for a cheaper plan?
- How soon can I add new wife (who is expecting) to my health plan?
- I work two jobs. Can I have two health insurance plans from each employer?
- Can I be told to drop my employed child from my health plan?
- Is a 30-day gap in health insurance allowed?
- Can we buy small business health insurance for just my husband?
- My daughter is on my health plan and had a baby. Is the baby covered?
- Can I drop my daughter that finished college and got married?
- Can my insurer cancel my health insurance the same day I’m let go at work?
- Can a new employer exclude pregnancy as a pre-existing condition?
- Can I use my HSA debit card to pay for my live-in girlfriend of three years' doctor bill?
- Can I add my fiance’s daughter to my health care plan?
- If I'm married and not divorced can my husband cancel my health insurance before we are divorced?
- If you turned 26, does that mean you have the rest of the year to be on your parents’ health insurance or does it stop as soon as you turn 26?
- I'm pregnant and got fired. Does the company have to keep paying my health insurance?
- I was just laid off and need health insurance. What do I do?
- Can my daughter stay on my health insurance plan until age 26 even if she gets a job?
- Will Obamacare provide me with health insurance coverage if I lose my job?
- Can I add maternity to individual health insurance when I'm ready to start a family?
- If I get married while I'm on my parents' health insurance plan, can I stay on the plan until I turn 26?
- Can I get health insurance through my girlfriend's plan at work if we live together?
- Do employers have to offer health care to everyone?
- Can insurance exclude pregnancy as a pre-existing condition?
- Do employers have to insure employees' family members?
- Can my employer force me to sign up for health insurance?
- Will a new health plan cover pre-existing pregnancy?
- Can I insure my girlfriend on my health insurance?
- Can an employer deny me health insurance if I'm pregnant?
- Can a prostate cancer survivor get life insurance?
- Can I get health insurance when I'm pregnant?
- What are my health insurance options after my husband retires?
- I'm pregnant and have insurance through my husband, who is about to lose his job. What are my health insurance options?
- Is Viagra covered by health insurance?
- If my son has dual health insurance coverage, can I use each insurance policy separately? Can I use the secondary insurance to pay for certain medical expenses without mentioning the primary insurance to the doctor?
- If a man were to get a new job, would the company also be able to insure his pregnant wife without it being a pre-existing condition?
- If I leave my job, how long do I have to activate COBRA health insurance coverage?
- I am six months pregnant. Can I get health insurance?
- I was laid off several months ago and can't afford the premiums for COBRA or a private health plan. Are there any other ways to buy health insurance?
- I have a domestic partner of four years. We're of the opposite sex; he doesn't believe in marriage. Can he be covered on my work health insurance?
- Is pregnancy considered a pre-existing condition?
- How do I get a "prescription" for an over-the-counter drug in order to pay for it with my HSA?
- I recently started a new job but my employer does not offer health insurance. I'm looking for affordable health insurance. Is there anything I can do to lower my premium?
- If I had a health condition but didn't know it, can it still be considered a "pre-existing" condition?
- Where can a pregnant woman get maternity coverage?
- How much time do I have to add my baby to my group health insurance plan?
- Can a soon-to-be ex-wife keep her health insurance coverage offered under her soon-to-be ex-husband's group policy after the divorce?
- My company has open enrollment right now for health insurance. Is it always cheapest to buy insurance through work?
- Does pneumonia qualify as a critical illness for insurance payout?
- My daughter is a registered nurse who has health insurance, but it doesn't include maternity coverage. Is there a policy that can be purchased now? She is about four or five weeks pregnant.
- Can I still buy COBRA health insurance if I move out of state?
- If I become pregnant prior to getting married, will the pregnancy be covered once I am married?
- How long does it take for your health insurance to be terminated after you are laid off?
- I got fired. Do I still qualify for COBRA?
- Do I have to pay the full COBRA premium?
- Does my family health insurance policy cover my teenage daughter if she becomes pregnant?
- Are employers legally required to provide their workers with health insurance?
- Do we have any recourse? How do I find out information on charges in neighboring markets?
- Health Insurance: Frequently asked questions
- I was laid off from my job. What happens to my health insurance? How does COBRA work?
- I'm 62 years old and thinking of retiring. What are my health insurance options?
- What are my options for buying health insurance for myself or my family?
- Why do some insurance companies cover Viagra but mine does not cover prescription contraceptives?