Home Insurance Quotes
Featured Home Insurance Stories
Claims caused by bad weather are a different ball game than other insurance claims.
Dog-eaten jewelry. Hot wine. Interior design services. See what people have made successful claims for.
Thinking about buying flood insurance? Better do it now.
More Home Insurance Articles
- 12 insurance policies that should exist
With 2012 upon us, we consider the insurance policies we're really going to need this year.
- 10 dirty little secrets of insurance companies
Pssst, pass it on!
- 10 scary insurance statistics
Yikes! A look at the numbers reveals that we're in a lot of trouble. See where we're vulnerable to disaster.
- 2 problems = Zero money: The anti-concurrent causation clause
It's worthwhile to see if your home insurance policy has this sneaky exclusion.
- 2011 had record-breaking disasters: Do you need home insurance more than…
You don't want your home insurance to let you down when disaster strikes.
- 2012 will be busy year, what with solar storms and world…
Time to get your house (and home insurance policy) ready for power outages.
- 4 ways to send your home insurance rates through the roof
You're likely to experience sticker shock for home insurance under these circumstances.
- 5 good reasons to buy a more expensive policy
Why you should look beyond price when you buy auto or homeowners insurance.
- 5 things you should know about FEMA's Individual Assistance Program
FEMA has a program that can help pay for disaster recovery that’s not covered by insurance.
- 5 tips for avoiding post-Irene insurance scams
Best advice for choosing contractors: "If you didn’t request it, reject it."
- 5 ways to avoid "OMG" moments with your home insurance
By being prepared, you can avoid a feeling of panic if you need to make a home insurance claim.
- 5 words never to say to your insurance company
When making an insurance claim, what you say can mean the difference between a fast payment and a nightmarish process.
- 7 magic words to expedite insurance claims
And "please" is not one of them.
- 7 things insurance companies are horrible at
Here's what goes wrong when insurance companies have bad days.
- 7 tips to avoid post-storm scams
Scam artists arrive after any big storm. Here's what to watch for.
- 7 ways to investigate an insurance company online
Here's how to determine which insurance companies are worthy of your business.
- 8 ways to read your insurance agent's mind
Insurance agents have many techniques for closing the sale. Now it’s time to turn the tables.
- 9 hidden dangers in your house
Is your house a home insurance claim waiting to happen?
- Additional living expenses help when you can't be at home
If your house is unhabitable due to a disaster or fire, your home insurance can pick up the tab for living somewhere else.
- AIR Worldwide report puts 2011 global catastrophes into perspective
Global losses in 2011 were second highest since 1970.