Home Insurance Quotes
Featured Home Insurance Stories
States often have strict laws about when your home insurer can give you the boot.
If your home insurance policy includes mold coverage, here's how to make the most of it.
Cooking fires often ignite when no one is in the kitchen.
More Home Insurance Articles
- 12 insurance policies that should exist
With 2012 upon us, we consider the insurance policies we're really going to need this year.
- 10 dirty little secrets of insurance companies
Pssst, pass it on!
- 10 scary insurance statistics
Yikes! A look at the numbers reveals that we're in a lot of trouble. See where we're vulnerable to disaster.
- 2011 had record-breaking disasters: Do you need home insurance more than…
You don't want your home insurance to let you down when disaster strikes.
- 2012 will be busy year, what with solar storms and world…
Time to get your house (and home insurance policy) ready for power outages.
- 4 ways to send your home insurance rates through the roof
You're likely to experience sticker shock for home insurance under these circumstances.
- 5 good reasons to buy a more expensive policy
Why you should look beyond price when you buy auto or homeowners insurance.
- 5 things you should know about FEMA's Individual Assistance Program
FEMA has a program that can help pay for disaster recovery that’s not covered by insurance.
- 5 tips for avoiding post-Irene insurance scams
Best advice for choosing contractors: "If you didn’t request it, reject it."
- 5 ways to avoid "OMG" moments with your home insurance
By being prepared, you can avoid a feeling of panic if you need to make a home insurance claim.
- 5 words never to say to your insurance company
When making an insurance claim, what you say can mean the difference between a fast payment and a nightmarish process.
- 7 magic words to expedite insurance claims
And "please" is not one of them.
- 7 things insurance companies are horrible at
Here's what goes wrong when insurance companies have bad days.
- 7 tips to avoid post-storm scams
Scam artists arrive after any big storm. Here's what to watch for.
- 7 ways to investigate an insurance company online
Here's how to determine which insurance companies are worthy of your business.
- 8 ways to read your insurance agent's mind
Insurance agents have many techniques for closing the sale. Now it’s time to turn the tables.
- 9 hidden dangers in your house
Is your house a home insurance claim waiting to happen?
- Additional living expenses help when you can't be at home
If your house is unhabitable due to a disaster or fire, your home insurance can pick up the tab for living somewhere else.
- AIR Worldwide report puts 2011 global catastrophes into perspective
Global losses in 2011 were second highest since 1970.
- Americans are unprepared for disaster
We're "shockingly unprepared" for disasters. Every time.