Home Insurance Quotes
Ask the Home Insurance Expert
Penny Gusner has been working in the car insurance business for more than 10 years. She researches your questions, from the routine to the bizarre, with equal enthusiasm. Read More
Want to know if your question is answered?
Will my home insurance cover my dog knocking someone down?
Yes, the person could put a claim through your homeowners insurance.....
Will my homeowners insurance pay for my husband breaking his ankle on our stairs?
Additional Home Insurance Expert Questions
- Am I legally required to carry home insurance?
- Is dwelling insurance the same as homeowners insurance?
- Can I get a free copy of the report that shows my past home insurance claims?
- My dad passed away. Where can I find his homeowners insurance information?
- Will my homeowners insurance cover a drone I buy for personal use?
- Will auto and home insurance cover damage from a volcanic eruption?
- Will your home insurance pay if an uninsured driver rams into your house?
- Does home insurance have a grace period for payments?
- Can my homeowners insurance be canceled because my house is empty?
- Does my home insurance cover damage from water and mold?
- Actual cash value or replacement value -- which is the better choice for personal property coverage?
- Will my home insurance cover my dog’s vet bills from an injury at home?
- Will my house be covered if sunlight refracted through my crystal wind chimes sets it on fire?
- Can I make a claim for bamboo that invaded my yard and damaged my shed?
- Can a claim on my previous house affect my new home’s insurance premium?
- Will a grilling mishap at my home be covered?
- Will home policy pay for rotten floor joists from cause unknown?
- Will landlord’s home insurance pay for tree that fell on my car during a storm?
- Will home insurance cover items stolen from open garage?
- Is my home insurance still valid if I forgot to pay by the due date?
- Will my homeowner’s policy cover my diamond tennis bracelet if I lose it?
- If I bundle home and auto policies, will my homeowners be canceled if I insure a second car elsewhere?
- I have a lot of insurance claims and I need some homeowners insurance.
- Why does my home insurance company want to come inspect my house?
- How can I found which insurance company insures my house if I have no papers or records?
- What is hurricane insurance?
- How do I know if I have enough insurance on my house?
- Does home insurance cover roof repair?
- Does insurance pay when a tree falls into a neighbor's yard?
- Will insurance cover me for smashing into my garage door?
- Are sinkholes covered by insurance?
- Should you carry an umbrella insurance policy?
- How much insurance do I need to cover my contents?
- Will home insurance pay for removal of a tree?
- Will home insurance cover a dropped iPad?
- What does it mean to "bundle" insurance policies?
- Does home insurance cover a computer crash?
- Will my home insurance cover remodeling improvements?
- Where can I get homeowners insurance after a non-renewal?
- Lightning hit a tree, which fell on a power line, causing a power surge that damaged my electronics. Am I covered?
- Does renters insurance cover stolen bicycles?
- What is the chance that a U.S. home owner will file an insurance claim for fire?
- Will home insurance cover the cost to repair a leaky roof?
- I'm a renter who lives in a high-risk flood zone, can I get flood insurance?
- Our garage is very unstable. Do we have to wait until it falls over to file an insurance claim?
- In a house fire, is the piano covered as personal property?
- Does home insurance cover damage from lightning?
- I have complete auto insurance coverage in Texas. I will rent a car in Las Vegas, Nev., for a week. Do I need to purchase the insurance from the car rental company, or does my Texas insurance cover me?
- What does the Oregon FAIR home insurance plan cover?
- Is there a way I can insure my pit bull so that I will not be denied residency in an apartment complex with breed restrictions?
- Does my home insurance company have the right to inspect the inside of my house?
- Are mudslides covered by home insurance?
- If the roof of my house caves in due to the weight of snow, is that covered by home insurance?
- If the market value of a home is appraised at $52,000, why would an insurance company's insured value double this amount as its replacement cost? The home was built in the 1950s.
- What is an anti-concurrent causation clause in home insurance and should I worry about it?
- I am in my 20s and am moving into a rental apartment. I do not own a car and do not have auto insurance. I'm looking to rent a U-HAUL for my move. U-HAUL offers a waiver for damages to the rental van, but does not cover damages to another vehicle which I might be responsible for. Would umbrella liability insurance, on top of renter's insurance, cover damages incurred when driving a rental car?
- Our home has extensive damage to the flooring, wall and floor joist in one area due to a leaking washing machine. We were not aware it was leaking until we purchased a new washing machine and were in the process of removing the old one. At that time, we noticed the floor sagging under the washer, and when we investigated, we found wood damage under the house as well. We called our insurance company and an adjuster came out reporting that this was not covered under our policy. Can you help?
- Is it legal for my home insurance company to drop my coverage or increase my rates after I filed a homeowners claim?
- The basement of my home recently suffered some flood damage. I filed a claim with my home insurance company, but it doesn't want to pay for the damages. Can my insurance company do this?
- What's the most common type of home insurance claim? I say it's fire, and my friend says it's slip-and-fall claims.
- I got a cancellation notice from my home insurance company due to unpaid bills. Can I reinstate my policy after the cancellation date if I pay?
- Do home insurance companies have a dog "black list"?
- My home insurance company canceled my policy because my roof needs replacement
- What is HO-6 insurance?
- We left a faucet turned on in my home and it caused water damage
- Home Insurance Frequently Asked Questions
- I can't find homeowners insurance. I've checked with many insurers but no one will sell me a policy. What can I do?
- If a tree falls on my house, who pays for the damage?
- What does 'HO' stand for?
- Who sells insurance for mobile homes?