Home Insurance Quotes

Find Affordable Home Insurance Now

Ask the Home Insurance Expert

I have purchased a house from somebody and he has already insured the house against fire and special perils. What is the procedure to change to my name in the policy document?

He won’t be able to transfer the existing policy to you. You’ll need to buy your own home insurance policy. You could call up the same company he uses to get a quote, but this is a good time to shop around to compare prices among insurers.

We have customer satisfaction ratings of large home insurers.

Last updated: May. 17, 2013