Home Insurance Quotes

Find Affordable Home Insurance Now

Ask the Home Insurance Expert

I live in California. Where can I get earthquake insurance?

If you live in California, you can purchase earthquake insurance through our partner here.

Your earthquake insurance options in California will depend on where you live, your claims history, and the condition your house is in. The California Earthquake Authority (CEA) will sell bare bones coverage to anyone whose home doesn't have pre-existing earthquake damage. In addition to our partner Arrowhead, there are a number of companies that offer earthquake coverage independent of the CEA.

Last updated: Dec. 7, 2009