Home Insurance Quotes
Allstate aims web site at Texas residents
Allstate Insurance Company and the University of North Texas have launched a consumer education web site (www.insuretexas.org) to help Texans learn about and compare the new homeowners policy forms approved for use in Texas
At the same time, Allstate agreed to participate in the helpinsure.com program, created by the Texas Department of Insurance to help consumers find homeowners insurance coverage.
InsureTexas.org was developed by the Financial Services Center at the University of North Texas. The website provides a wealth of consumer education about homeowners insurance, including:
- a comparison of the new types of homeowners policy forms recently approved by the state of Texas;
- practical tips on how consumers might reduce the cost of their insurance;
- advice on how to prevent water damage by practicing preventative maintenance.
“Some Texans may be confused about the new homeowners policies being offered by insurers in the state,” says Brenda Wells, associate professor of insurance at the University of North Texas. “We hope to give consumers a better understanding of their homeowners policy options.”
State helps Texans find homeowners insurance
Rising claims for mold damage in Texas have led to a jump in premiums, and the decision by some companies to stop writing new policies in Texas. In some cases, insurers are pulling out of Texas altogether.
Texas Insurance Commissioner Jose Montemayor says that’s why his office has created a web site, to help Texas residents find the most affordable homeowners insurance available.
"This new program will be a great resource for current and prospective homeowners as they shop for the best homeowners insurance policy to fit their needs," Montemayor says. "The Helpinsure.com program breaks down barriers between those who need insurance and those who are providing insurance by making the marketplace much more user friendly. Homeownership is the American dream and finding homeowners insurance should not be a nightmare."
The Helpinsure.com program will help Texans in three ways:
- Consumers can provide information about their homeowners insurance needs. Helpinsure.com will then provide this information to insurance providers and independent agents, who are selling homeowners policies;
- Helpinsure.com will provide consumers a list of companies selling homeowners insurance in Texas. That will help consumers shop for the best possible deal;
- Helpinsure.com provides answers to common questions about homeowners insurance in Texas. This includes the Texas Department of Insurance’s rate guide, smart shopping tips, advice, information columns and complaint information.
"Helpinsure.com will save time and effort for consumers and will give insurers an opportunity to review many applicants in a short time."
Information provided by consumers will be secure and can be accessed only by insurance agents and companies.