Most customers want to hear from their insurance agents or companies, according to new research from the PIA Partnership, a group of insurance companies that work with PIA, a national trade association of insurance agents.
According to online surveys conducted by the partnership:
- 81 percent of customers want to be contacted when the agent or company has a suggestion for how to save money on insurance.
- 79 percent of customers want to be contacted when their policy renewal date is approaching.
- 73 percent of customers want to hear from their insurance provider more often than just at policy renewal time.
- 69 percent of customers want to be contacted when their insurance agent or company has a suggestion for adding or increasing coverage to prevent them from being underinsured.
- 67 percent of customers would like to receive contact from their insurance company or agent at least every six months to ask if they've undergone any life changes that would require an adjustment in their insurance coverage.
If the price of two policies is almost the same, most customers say they would probably choose one over the other based on better coverage or a lower deductible, according to the research by the PIA Partnership.
Current PIA Partnership companies include Encompass; Erie Insurance; Harleysville Insurance; Liberty Mutual Agency Corp.; MetLife Auto & Home; Motorists Insurance Group; Progressive Casualty Insurance Co.; Selective Insurance Group; State Auto Group; The Central Insurance Cos.; The Hartford; and Travelers.