Press release: Volkswagen, Chrysler, Nissan and Chevrolet Are Big Winners of Insure.com's Low Cost Car Insurance Awards
Foster City, CA, June 22, 2011- Editor's note - These lists were updated on July 5, 2011. Insure.com’s Low Cost Car Insurance Awards recognize manufacturers that are making vehicles that are the least expensive to insure. Volkswagen, Chrysler, Nissan and Chevrolet took the No. 1 spots on this year’s lists of least expensive 2011 cars, vans, SUVs and trucks to insure.
Savvy car buyers should focus on more than simply a vehicle’s features and sticker price. A vehicle should also impress when it comes to shopping for car insurance quotes. Being affordable to insure makes a vehicle more attractive to consumers and can simplify the process of choosing a new vehicle for many automotive buyers.
“Congratulations to Volkswagen, Chrysler, Nissan and Chevrolet – they’re making the least expensive vehicles to insure in the categories of cars, minivans, SUVs and trucks, respectively,” said Amy Danise, senior managing editor of Insure.com. “These vehicles will help you hold down your insurance costs.”
The five least expensive vehicles to insure by average annual premium per category, according to the Insure.com’s 2011 Low Cost Insurance Awards, are:
1. Volkswagen CC Sport 4 Cylinder 4 Door Coupe: $1,186 per year
2. Nissan Cube SL 4 Cylinder 4 Door Wagon: $1,188 per year
3. Nissan Cube 4 Cylinder 4 Door Wagon: $1,206 per year
4. Nissan Cube S 4 Cylinder 4 Door Wagon: $1,208 per year
5. Ford Taurus SE 6 Cylinder $ Door Sedan: $1,254
Minivans and Vans
1. Chrysler Town & Country LX 6 Cylinder 4 Door Wagon: $1,092 per year
2. Toyota Sienna 4 Cylinder 5 Door Wagon: $1,101 per year
3. Toyota Sienna LE 4 Cylinder 5 Door Wagon: $1,108 per year
4. Honda Odyssey LX 6 Cylinder 5 Door 2WD SOHC: $1,115 per year
5. Honda Odyssey EX 6 Cylinder 5 Door 2WD SOHC: $1,138 per year
1. Nissan Murano SL 6 Cylinder 2WD 4 Door Utility: $1,128 per year
2. Ford Escape XLS 4WD 4 Cylinder 4 Door SUV: $1,150 per year.
3. Toyota Highlander 4 Cylinder 4 Door 2WD Utility: $1,154 per year
4. Honda CR-V LX 4 Cylinder 5 Door 2.4L: $1,155 per year
5. (tie) Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4 Cylinder 4 Door 2WD Utility: $1,158 per year
5. (tie) Jeep Patriot Sport 4 Cylinder 4 Door 2WD Utility: $1,158 per year
1. Chevrolet Silverado 1500 8 Cylinder 2WD 4 Door Extended Cab 158WB: $1,174 per year
2. Toyota Tacoma 2WD 4 Cylinder 2 Door Reg Cab: $1,184 per year
3. (tie) Chevrolet Silverado 1500 8 Cylinder 2WD 4 Door Extended Cab 144WB: $1,194 per year
3. (tie) Chevrolet Silverado 1500 8 Cylinder 2WD 4 Door Crew Cab 144WB Ethanol: $1,194 per year
5. Chevrolet Silverado 1500 8 Cylinder 2WD 2 Door Regular Cab 133WB: $1,197 per year
To see the top 10 vehicles in each category, see the 2011 Low Cost Insurance Awards on Insure.com.
Insure.com commissioned Quadrant Information Services to conduct a car insurance comparison study of average rates for a representative male driver. Information was collected from six of the largest insurance carriers: State Farm, Allstate, Progressive, GEICO, Farmers and Nationwide. Rates were collected from 10 zip codes in each state. The study of cheap car insurance does not include some exotic and high-end luxury vehicles.
Insure.com provides a comprehensive array of information on auto insurance, home insurance, health insurance and life insurance. We offer an extensive library of originally authored insurance articles and decision-making tools that are not available from any other single source. Insure.com is owned and operated by QuinStreet, Inc. (NASDAQ: QNST), one of the largest Internet marketing and media companies in the world. QuinStreet is committed to providing consumers and businesses with the information they need to research, find and select the products, services and brands that best meet their needs. The company is a leader in ethical marketing practices. For more information, please visit QuinStreet.com.