How do you want to get your free life insurance quotes?
- Policies Issued by American General
- 160 years in business, 13 million customers served
- Over $34 billion in claims and benefits paid
- Committed to helping you protect your family's future
Answer a few questions,
and then compare multiple quotes
from top providers.
Ask the Life Insurance Expert
Penny Gusner has been working in the car insurance business for more than 10 years. She researches your questions, from the routine to the bizarre, with equal enthusiasm. Read More
Want to know if your question is answered?
Can my life insurance company not pay because insured was obese?
No, your insurance company can’t refuse to pay if the life insurance policy was intact at the.....
Can I make the beneficiary of a life insurance policy pay for the insured’s funeral?
As frustrating as it may be, you can’t force your stepmother to use the life .....
Additional Life Insurance Expert Questions
- Is the life insurance payout I received taxable?
- What must I do to forfeit my share of life insurance proceeds?
- Can I divide life insurance money between my wife and my girlfriend?
- Does my employer have to offer life insurance for my spouse?
- Could a life insurance company refuse to pay if husband died while driving under the influence?
- Does a life insurance payout need to go into the deceased’s estate?
- When can life insurance be paid out on a person?
- Can a beneficiary cash in life insurance policy if the insured person is still alive?
- How do I pay for funeral expenses without a life insurance policy?
- Can living in a community-property state affect my life insurance policy?
- My brother passed away and never removed his ex from his life insurance policy. What can be done?
- How did my adult child become the owner of a life insurance policy I bought when he was a minor?
- Is it possible to take out a life insurance policy on ex-spouse who owes child support?
- Mother has no life insurance beneficiary; can one of my siblings claim all the benefits?
- Can I use life insurance money from my child’s father to buy a house?
- Does a life insurance company send you a check and expect nothing in return?
- If I’m the sole beneficiary of life policy and insured dies, can I borrow from the policy?
- Can a life insurance company send 17-year-old a check in his or her name?
- Who is the owner of a life insurance policy?
- Can I cash in the life insurance policy on my ex-husband before he passes away?
- My mother passed away and I think my family is lying about her life insurance. How do I find out if she had a policy?
- Will a life insurance company pay the benefit if a policyholder has been paying nonsmokers premium and is a smoker and dies of lung cancer after the two year probation period?
- Do I have to inform my insurance about a cancer diagnosis?
- My mother has paid more than $12,000 for a $10,000 term life policy.
- How do I find out if my husband has life insurance?
- My dad passed away. We can’t find his policy but some years ago he told me his funeral is paid for.
- Is it possible for me to take out a life insurance policy on my husband because he won't do it?
- My late husband designated a friend as a life insurance beneficiary. Can I contest it?
- Would an AD&D claim be denied if the insured died of an accidental overdose of illegal drugs?
- What is "simplified issue" life insurance?
- Can an ex-spouse collect life insurance money?
- What does it mean when a life insurance company has an 'Api' financial rating?
- Can a beneficiary take out a loan on a life insurance policy without the policy owner's consent?
- Can I find out if my ex still has life insurance on me?
- Can illness trigger a life insurance policy cancellation?
- What is the cash value of a $40,000 term life insurance policy?
- How long must I wait to get nonsmoker life insurance rates?
- Who will get my life insurance payout?
- Should I buy a second life insurance policy?
- I'm 76 years old. Is it too late to buy life insurance?
- Can I draw cash from my life insurance policy?
- What happens to my life insurance cash value when I die?
- Should I convert to permanent life insurance?
- What is optional term life insurance?
- How do I locate my father's life insurance policy?
- Should I cash in life insurance to pay off debt?
- Can I withdraw cash from term life insurance?
- How can I find a missing life insurance policy?
- Can a 30-year-old daughter challenge a beneficiary change by her father one week before death from cancer?
- Is it worth paying extra money on a term life policy for the waiver of premium in case of disability?
- How can I find out if my late father had life insurance to pay for burial expenses?
- Can you borrow money against a term life policy?
- Would an accidental death policy pay for a cocaine overdose?
- Do I have 10 days to change my mind about a life insurance purchase?
- My grandfather recently passed away. How can I find out if he named me on his life insurance policy?
- What does a "pi" rating mean from Standard & Poor's?
- Do life insurance policies pay if a person dies of old age?
- My ex-husband died recently. I know he listed me as the beneficiary while we were married, but I'm not sure if he ever changed it. How can I find out?
- I recently started racing motorcycles. Will this affect my life insurance?
- I own a whole life policy which has a cash value. When I die, will my beneficiary receive both the death benefit and the savings portion (cash value)?
- I have a whole life insurance policy. Will my beneficiary receive the cash value amount that my policy accrued as well as the death benefit when I die?
- Can a beneficiary borrow against a policyholder's life insurance policy?
- What is guaranteed cash value in a life insurance policy?
- I recently quit smoking. I think most insurance companies won't consider you a nonsmoker until you've quit for 5 years. Can my policy be adjusted to a non-smoking rate after I'm smoke-free for 5 years?
- Can I borrow against my mother's life insurance policy?
- Do you receive any money back from a term life insurance policy that has expired its term but has not been used?
- What are my options with my life insurance cash value?
- How can you tell if someone has taken out a secret life insurance policy on you?
- We cannot find my dad's life insurance policy
- Can you cash in a life insurance policy that is paid up?
- Can a person buy multiple life insurance policies with a single insurer?
- Can I change the amount of coverage on my term life insurance policy during the duration of the term?
- Life Insurance Frequently Asked Questions
- Are there any consequences for lying on a life insurance application?
- How can I find out if my relative had life insurance?
- How can I get life insurance if I'm in poor health?
- How quickly do insurance companies pay life insurance claims?
- If I'm a beneficiary, do I have to pay income taxes on a life insurance death benefit?
- Is the cash value of a life insurance policy protected from creditors if the insured files for bankruptcy?
- What do the terms "churning" and "vanishing premiums" mean?