How do you want to get your free life insurance quotes?
- Policies Issued by American General
- 160 years in business, 13 million customers served
- Over $34 billion in claims and benefits paid
- Committed to helping you protect your family's future
Answer a few questions,
and then compare multiple quotes
from top providers.
Ask the Life Insurance Expert
Penny Gusner has been working in the car insurance business for more than 10 years. She researches your questions, from the routine to the bizarre, with equal enthusiasm. Read More
Want to know if your question is answered?
Can my life insurance company not pay because insured was obese?
No, your insurance company can’t refuse to pay if the life insurance policy was intact at the.....
Who is allowed to change the beneficiary on a life insurance policy?
Only the owner of a life insurance policy can change the beneficiary.....
Additional Life Insurance Expert Questions
- Can I make the beneficiary of a life insurance policy pay for the insured’s funeral?
- Is the life insurance payout I received taxable?
- What must I do to forfeit my share of life insurance proceeds?
- Can I divide life insurance money between my wife and my girlfriend?
- Does my employer have to offer life insurance for my spouse?
- Could a life insurance company refuse to pay if husband died while driving under the influence?
- Does a life insurance payout need to go into the deceased’s estate?
- When can life insurance be paid out on a person?
- Can a beneficiary cash in life insurance policy if the insured person is still alive?
- How do I pay for funeral expenses without a life insurance policy?
- Can living in a community-property state affect my life insurance policy?
- My brother passed away and never removed his ex from his life insurance policy. What can be done?
- Do life insurance companies require proof of health insurance for beneficiaries?
- How did my adult child become the owner of a life insurance policy I bought when he was a minor?
- Can I list my same-sex partner as my life insurance beneficiary?
- Do I have any cash value with my term life insurance policy?
- Is it possible to take out a life insurance policy on ex-spouse who owes child support?
- Mother has no life insurance beneficiary; can one of my siblings claim all the benefits?
- Is it a good thing if my mother-in-law names me and my husband as life insurance beneficiaries?
- Can I use life insurance money from my child’s father to buy a house?
- Do both parents have to sign on a child life insurance policy?
- Will I get a smoking rate for life insurance if I only use e-cigarettes?
- Does a life insurance company send you a check and expect nothing in return?
- If I’m the sole beneficiary of life policy and insured dies, can I borrow from the policy?
- Will my group life insurance policy pay if I’m divorced from my spouse at the time of his death?
- Is it possible to name a trust as a life insurance beneficiary?
- Can a life insurance company send 17-year-old a check in his or her name?
- Is there anything to do if missed date for life insurance conversion?
- Who is the owner of a life insurance policy?
- Can insured on life insurance policy be denied copy of policy?
- What if a person overdoses on drugs?
- Can I cash in the life insurance policy on my ex-husband before he passes away?
- How long after my death will my wife get my life insurance?
- If you have life insurance but you switch to another insurance but you meet an untimely death, are you still covered and by which insurance company?
- I want to switch life insurance companies. Will I be penalized?
- Will life insurance on my daughter pay out if she is murdered?
- What kind of interest am I looking at 23 years after my father died?
- My son took out a life insurance policy on me and cut all ties. Doesn't he have to pay my home care expenses?
- I'm overweight and have student loan debt. How can I get low life insurance quotes?
- Do life insurance companies test for liver cancer?
- What is it called when you use part of your life insurance death benefit for a terminally ill patient?
- My mother passed away and I think my family is lying about her life insurance. How do I find out if she had a policy?
- How much would a $25,000 term policy be worth if I surrender it after 16 years?
- Am I owed interest for 10 years on my mother's life insurance policy?
- Is it possible, or desired, to change a term policy to a whole life policy? (Bought a term policy rather than mortgage life insurance.)
- If I transfer my life insurance policy to a new company does the new agent make money?
- Is there an insurance policy that pays off the mortgage when one of the insureds dies?
- Will a life insurance company pay the benefit if a policyholder has been paying nonsmokers premium and is a smoker and dies of lung cancer after the two year probation period?
- If a parent has you on a life insurance policy can you be removed?
- Upon a person’s death, how long until policies are paid?
- How should I distribute my life insurance benefit?
- If my son and his wife were to both pass away, who would their life insurance policies go to?
- Can the life insurance company deny coverage if marijuana is found in urine specimen?
- Can I keep the remaining life insurance money without dividing it among my siblings?
- My sister took a life insurance on our mother without telling me. Our stepfather is still alive and the mother has just passed away. Who is the beneficiary?
- Do I have to inform my insurance about a cancer diagnosis?
- How can I find the name of my previous life insurance company?
- What happens to the premiums we paid on the rider policy for the past 10 years? Am I due any refund?
- Is it ok to have 3 life insurance policies, 3 different beneficiaries?
- My husband put his son as beneficiary. Do I still get the insurance money?
- My mother has paid more than $12,000 for a $10,000 term life policy.
- How do I find out if my husband has life insurance?
- What happens with a term life insurance policy if the person is still living when it has reached the number of years?
- My dad passed away. We can’t find his policy but some years ago he told me his funeral is paid for.
- Why does my dad want me to write the check for life insurance instead of him?
- My mom and dad are divorced. Is there any way for me to get a life insurance policy on either of them, and if so, would they HAVE to know?
- Who rates the financial strength of life insurance companies and do these ratings include annuities these companies write?
- If I pay my premiums up two years and I die, will my policy pay out?
- My boyfriend is still married and I am trying to tell him his wife would get any life insurance policy payouts even if I took one out on him.
- My husband removed me from his employer life insurance without my consent and added his adult children. I don’t understand his behavior.
- If my job changes insurance carriers, can I still get the cash value of the life insurance policy?
- Is there a good reason to take out some cash surrender value dollars from a whole life policy that is paid up or should one leave it to build more death benefits?
- Who would benefit if the person who was the beneficiary has died and there was no will?
- Can I get the cash value out if I'm the owner of the life insurance policy?
- My partner died and left an insurance policy for me. As we are not married do I have to let his sisters know?
- I am 26 years old my mom just passed and I am on SSI and SSD my dad said my mom had a life insurance policy but it all goes to him. They are divorced.
- My ex-father-in-law passed away and has me and my ex-husband as beneficiary. Does that mean I get half or no benefits?
- My ex-husband is disabled ans says the insurance company is paying the premium for his life insurance.
- Would life insurance get paid to spouse if deceased died of an accidental illegal drug overdose?
- What is "common" practice when designating life insurance beneficiaries when you have adult children from a previous marriage?
- My mom and dad were divorced and she just passed. How does he claim the policy?
- What percentage of life insurance does a wife get according to law?
- I found out my wife has a life insurance policy on me that I knew nothing about. How do I find out who it’s through?
- I'm not sure what money my longtime boyfriend in living on since he told me he was the beneficiary of his father's life insurance policy.
- How do I get change of beneficiary form?
- How to find out if my husband has a life insurance policy from his previous marriages?
- Is it possible for me to take out a life insurance policy on my husband because he won't do it?
- My dad recently passed away and we are being asked to fill out survivor beneficiary claim on whole life insurance policy that is around 40 yrs old.
- What kind of a man has a girlfriend but still has his ex as a beneficiary on his life insurance?
- How do we know someone won't contest a life insurance policy?
- The life insurance company has sent my sister a letter telling her to settle with my father's girlfriend.
- My late husband designated a friend as a life insurance beneficiary. Can I contest it?
- Would an AD&D claim be denied if the insured died of an accidental overdose of illegal drugs?
- What is "simplified issue" life insurance?
- Does a 23-year-old single man just starting a career need life insurance?
- Can an ex-spouse collect life insurance money?
- What does it mean when a life insurance company has an 'Api' financial rating?
- Can a beneficiary take out a loan on a life insurance policy without the policy owner's consent?