Ask the Life Insurance Expert

What is it called when you use part of your life insurance death benefit for a terminally ill patient?

For a long time the life insurance industry called it an “accelerated death benefit.” Then they got wind that the term probably wasn’t the most appealing and someone had the bright idea to call it a “living benefit.”

Here’s our story on living benefits.


Last updated: Aug. 8, 2013
Insure.com Redesign Survey