Home Insurance Quotes
Featured Flood Insurance Stories
See the scathing things the GAO has to say about flood insurance.
A standard home insurance policy does not cover flooding. Even if you don't live in a high-risk area, flood insurance could be a wise purchase.
Like the little Dutch boy who put his finger in the dike, FEMA has once again dodged disaster.
Additional Flood Insurance Articles
- Flood insurance misconceptions: 8 facts you should know
If you don't think your home is at risk for flooding, think again.
- Flood Insurance Policy: Why Every Homeowner Needs One
- Flood insurance: Are you in the zone?
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has been improving flood zone maps to illustrate the potential for severe flooding nationwide.
- Flood survival tips
Before a flood arrives, have an evacuation route planned, and know how long it will take to evacuate your home.
- Interested in flood insurance? Learn more here
Home insurance doesn't cover flooding. Here's how todecide whether you need a flood insurance policy.
- Mudflow or mudslide? The answer affects your insurance claim
Mud may look all the same to you, but the dirty details affect insurance coverage.
- Tips before, during and after a flood
Even if your house doesn't sit in the middle of a floodplain, being prepared can save you money in the event of a flood.