Home Insurance Quotes
Featured Flood Insurance Stories
If you don't think your home is at risk for flooding, think again.
See the scathing things the GAO has to say about flood insurance.
Additional Flood Insurance Articles
- Come on down! Massive discounts on flood insurance! (Sale ends when…
Like the little Dutch boy who put his finger in the dike, FEMA has once again dodged disaster.
- Flood Insurance Policy: Why Every Homeowner Needs One
- Flood insurance: Are you in the zone?
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has been improving flood zone maps to illustrate the potential for severe flooding nationwide.
- Flood survival tips
Before a flood arrives, have an evacuation route planned, and know how long it will take to evacuate your home.
- Interested in flood insurance? Learn more here
Home insurance doesn't cover flooding. Here's how todecide whether you need a flood insurance policy.
- Mudflow or mudslide? The answer affects your insurance claim
Mud may look all the same to you, but the dirty details affect insurance coverage.
- Tips before, during and after a flood
Even if your house doesn't sit in the middle of a floodplain, being prepared can save you money in the event of a flood.
- Who needs flood insurance?
A standard home insurance policy does not cover flooding. Even if you don't live in a high-risk area, flood insurance could be a wise purchase.