AARP Health Insurance
Founded in 2005, AARP Financial Inc. is a wholly owned taxable subsidiary of AARP, dedicated to helping people prepare for a more secure financial future by providing access to products and services designed to help people meet their retirement needs. It provides access to a carefully chosen array of proprietary investment products and services, including mutual funds and financial guidance. AARP Financial also manages provider relationships and performs quality control oversight for a wide-range of products that carry the AARP name and are made available as AARP member benefits, by independent providers.
Founded in 1958, AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan membership organization that helps people 50 and over improve the quality of their lives. AARP has grown to 40 million members and has offices in all 50 states, Puerto Rico, District of Columbia and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
AARP, formerly known as the American Association of Retired Persons, is a United States-based non-governmental organization and interest group. AARP operates as a non-profit advocate for its members and as one of the most powerful lobbying groups in the United States. It also sells insurance, investment funds and other financial products. AARP claims over 35 million members, making it one of the largest membership organizations for people age 50 and over in the United States. Membership is expected to grow significantly as baby boomers age.
AARP Health Insurance Says
AARP offers quality comprehensive and supplemental health insurance plans for members ages 50-64:
- Essential premier health insurance - specially selected individual major medical health insurance plans offering quality coverage for clients and their families.
- Essential health insurance - basic fixed-cash hospital indemnity plans that offer some coverage with a significantly lower premium.
- Essential plus health insurance - enhanced fixed-cash hospital indemnity plans offering a lower-cost option to major medical insurance.
- Hospital indemnity insurance - competitively priced indemnity plans with fixed-cash benefits payable in addition to other health insurance clients might have.
For members over 65, AARP has an array of quality Medicare advantage, Medicare supplement and Medicare prescription drug insurance plans specially designed for Medicare-eligible persons.
- Medicarecomplete - comprehensive plans that offer all the benefits covered under Medicare and more. This includes prescription drug coverage, no limitations on pre-existing conditions and fitness benefits.
- MedicareRx - Medicare prescription drug coverage plans to help protect from the rising cost of drugs and unexpected changes in drug needs.
- Medicare supplement -plans that help cover some of the expenses not covered by Medicare and help limit annual out-of-pocket expenses.
Contact AARP Health at:
P.O. Box 1017
Montgomeryville, PA 18936
Telephone: (800) 444-6544
Looking for a new health insurer? Read reviews of the best health insurance companies.