About Liberty Mutual
Liberty Mutual home insurance received an overall score of 81.9 on our annual best home insurance companies survey. Liberty Mutual received 5 stars in pricing and 4.5 stars for customer service. Surveyed Liberty Mutual homeowners insurance customers are so happy with the company’s service that 90 percent say they plan to renew their current policy. Liberty Mutual is the 3rd-largest home insurance provider in the U.S.
Established in 1912, Liberty Mutual Group is a diversified global insurer and the fifth largest property and casualty insurer in the United States, with $104.3 billion in consolidated assets. The company also ranks 86th. on the Fortune 500 list of largest corporations in the United States, based on 2008 revenue. Liberty Mutual Group employs more than 45,000 people in more than 900 offices throughout the world.
Liberty Mutual offers support and security to their policyholders with their homeowners insurance policies. These policies include:
- 24-hour claims assistance.
- Contractor Network Referral Program - competent, reliable contractors used to perform building repairs related to an insured loss.
- Temporary Living Expenses - provides coverage when a home becomes unsafe to live in because of extensive damage.
- 24-hour Homeowner Emergency Repair Service.
- Personal Property Replacement Service.
- Catastrophe Team - immediate assessment of damages and appraisal resources.
Contact Liberty Mutual at:
Liberty Mutual Insurance Company
175 Berkeley Street
Boston, MA 02116
Telephone: (800) 837-5254
Sources: "Liberty Mutual", Liberty Mutual Press Release, 2009; "Liberty Mutual page", Wikipedia, 2009; "Home Claims," Liberty Mutual web site, 2009.