Home Insurance Quotes
Featured Home Insurance Claims Stories
An Insure.com survey reveals the realities of dealing with junk stacked to the ceiling – and worse.
Using the wrong words could cause delay or confusion with your insurance claims -- or even denial.
Special art deserves extra attention to insurance.
Additional Home Insurance Claims Articles
- 10 must-know facts about weather-related home insurance claims
Claims caused by bad weather are a different ball game than other insurance claims.
- 11 astonishing things covered by home insurance
Dog-eaten jewelry. Hot wine. Interior design services. See what people have made successful claims for.
- 2 problems = Zero money: The anti-concurrent causation clause
It's worthwhile to see if your home insurance policy has this sneaky exclusion.
- 2011 had record-breaking disasters: Do you need home insurance more than…
You don't want your home insurance to let you down when disaster strikes.
- 2012 will be busy year, what with solar storms and world…
Time to get your house (and home insurance policy) ready for power outages.
- 5 things you should know about FEMA's Individual Assistance Program
FEMA has a program that can help pay for disaster recovery that’s not covered by insurance.
- 5 tips for avoiding post-Irene insurance scams
Best advice for choosing contractors: "If you didn’t request it, reject it."
- 5 ways to avoid "OMG" moments with your home insurance
By being prepared, you can avoid a feeling of panic if you need to make a home insurance claim.
- 7 magic words to expedite insurance claims
And "please" is not one of them.
- 7 tips to avoid post-storm scams
Scam artists arrive after any big storm. Here's what to watch for.
- 9 hidden dangers in your house
Is your house a home insurance claim waiting to happen?
- Apocalypse coming? Check your insurance policies
Most of us have enough home insurance to cover pretty big disasters, but is your policy up to the task of handling biblical-scale events?
- Are your expensive vices insured?
If your wine, cigars or weed are stolen or destroyed, will your homeowners insurance come to the rescue?
- Bad idea: 6 myths about how to react during a disaster
Open windows? Stand in doorways? The newest advice says "no."
- Before you know it, your kitchen is on fire
Cooking fires often ignite when no one is in the kitchen.
- Build at your own risk: Not everyone wants cheap insurance for…
Catastrophe insurance is questioned for areas where houses often blow away.
- Buying instead of rebuilding after disaster
Using home insurance to buy another house instead of rebuilding after a disaster can be tricky.
- Case closed: Many Sandy claims not eligible for insurance payment
Almost one in five Sandy insurance claims in New York has been closed without payment.
- Chain saw massacre: When trees go down, whose insurance picks up…
Insurance coverage hinges on whether the tree lands on a house, in a yard or on a car.
- Champagne and Jacuzzi lifestyle? Oh yeah, you can claim it!
Home insurance loss-of-use coverage helps you maintain your normal standard of living while you wait for your home to be rebuilt after a disaster.