Home Insurance Quotes
Featured Home Insurance Claims Stories
Current home trends are increasing fire risks.
Investigators are using social media to research the validity of insurance claims.
Hurricanes are forcing insurance execs to take a dim view of the Northeast.
Additional Home Insurance Claims Articles
- 2 problems = Zero money: The anti-concurrent causation clause
It's worthwhile to see if your home insurance policy has this sneaky exclusion.
- 2011 had record-breaking disasters: Do you need home insurance more than…
You don't want your home insurance to let you down when disaster strikes.
- 2012 will be busy year, what with solar storms and world…
Time to get your house (and home insurance policy) ready for power outages.
- 5 things you should know about FEMA's Individual Assistance Program
FEMA has a program that can help pay for disaster recovery that’s not covered by insurance.
- 5 tips for avoiding post-Irene insurance scams
Best advice for choosing contractors: "If you didn’t request it, reject it."
- 5 ways to avoid "OMG" moments with your home insurance
By being prepared, you can avoid a feeling of panic if you need to make a home insurance claim.
- 7 magic words to expedite insurance claims
And "please" is not one of them.
- 7 tips to avoid post-storm scams
Scam artists arrive after any big storm. Here's what to watch for.
- 9 hidden dangers in your house
Is your house a home insurance claim waiting to happen?
- Apocalypse coming? Check your insurance policies
Most of us have enough home insurance to cover pretty big disasters, but is your policy up to the task of handling biblical-scale events?
- Bad idea: 6 myths about how to react during a disaster
Open windows? Stand in doorways? The newest advice says "no."
- Build at your own risk: Not everyone wants cheap insurance for…
Catastrophe insurance is questioned for areas where houses often blow away.
- Buying instead of rebuilding after disaster
Using home insurance to buy another house instead of rebuilding after a disaster can be tricky.
- Case closed: Many Sandy claims not eligible for insurance payment
Almost one in five Sandy insurance claims in New York has been closed without payment.
- Chain saw massacre: When trees go down, whose insurance picks up…
Insurance coverage hinges on whether the tree lands on a house, in a yard or on a car.
- Champagne and Jacuzzi lifestyle? Oh yeah, you can claim it!
Home insurance loss-of-use coverage helps you maintain your normal standard of living while you wait for your home to be rebuilt after a disaster.
- Children's play dates gone wrong!
Small children can cause big disaster. Will your insurance pick up afterward?
- Deep-fried turkey fiascos can spoil Thankgiving
More cooking fires occur on Thanksgiving than any other day of the year, and turkey deep fryers don't help the situation.
- Ding dong: Your home insurer is movin' in
Home insurance companies are developing new ways to watch you. Should you get the guest room ready?
- Don't try this at home: Easy ways to mess up your…
Taking the wrong actions can cost you money, even when you have a legitimate home insurance claim.