Ask the Insurance Expert
Penny Gusner has been working in the car insurance business for more than 10 years. She researches your questions, from the routine to the bizarre, with equal enthusiasm. Read More
Want to know if your question is answered?
A nice benefit of receiving a life insurance payout i...
Yes, if you have comprehensive car ins...
While most people cannot be forced to take their employer’s health insurance plan, there are exceptions. One such exception is…
No, dwelling insurance and homeowners insurance are not the same. A homeowners insurance policy is much more comprehensive than dwelling…
Additional Insurance Expert Questions
- Can I list my same-sex partner as my life insurance beneficiary?
- Can I make my 23-year-old chip in for health insurance costs?
- Can an employer automatically enroll me in a health insurance plan?
- Can my car insurance company require me to show proof of my landlord’s auto insurance policy?
- Can my employer require me to keep a child on health insurance if she has her own job-based health plan?
- Can my homeowners insurance be canceled because my house is empty?
- Can using your health insurance too much affect your employer’s plan cost?
- Do I have any cash value with my term life insurance policy?
- Do I have to tell my car insurance company I totaled my vehicle?
- Does a life insurance payout need to go into the deceased’s estate?
- Does my auto insurance deductible reset at the beginning of the year?
- Does the “birthday rule” apply to spouses’ health insurance coverage?
- How do I get off my husband’s job-based group health insurance plan?
- How many people don’t know about health insurance exchanges?
- I retired and sold my car. Do I still need car insurance?
- If my insurer’s total loss payment didn’t pay off my loan can I file a second claim with the at-fault driver’s insurer?
- Is there a special health insurance enrollment period to add my adopted child?
- My teen moved in with his mother. Do I have to keep him on my car insurance policy?
- What happens if COBRA coverage expires while I’m in the hospital after surgery?
- When can life insurance be paid out on a person?
- Will auto and home insurance cover damage from a volcanic eruption?
- Will my home insurance cover my dog’s vet bills from an injury at home?
- Will parent’s secondary coverage pay what my primary health insurer does not?
- Would insurance cover damage caused when a person gets stuck in a chimney and has to be rescued?
- Actual cash value or replacement value -- which is the better choice for personal property coverage?
- Can I make a claim for bamboo that invaded my yard and damaged my shed?
- Can a beneficiary cash in life insurance policy if the insured person is still alive?
- Can living in a community-property state affect my life insurance policy?
- Can my employer force me to take its health insurance plan?
- Can my home insurer demand personal information for a theft claim?
- Can my landlord require me to buy renters insurance?
- Could a life insurance company refuse to pay if husband died while driving under the influence?
- Do I have to keep my wife that doesn’t drive on my auto policy?
- Do life insurance companies require proof of health insurance for beneficiaries?
- Does home insurance have a grace period for payments?
- Does my home insurance cover damage from water and mold?
- How did my adult child become the owner of a life insurance policy I bought when he was a minor?
- How do I pay for funeral expenses without a life insurance policy?
- I flipped my car into a canal. What will my car insurance company pay if I have minimum coverage?
- If an excluded driver takes my car without consent and crashes will my insurer pay?
- Is it possible to take out a life insurance policy on ex-spouse who owes child support?
- My brother passed away and never removed his ex from his life insurance policy. What can be done?
- Should I wait to compare car insurance rates until I get my renewal notice?
- What is my next step after finding cheaper car insurance rates?
- Why do some car insurance companies ask for your VIN when you request a quote?
- Will my health insurer know if I fib and say my boyfriend is my husband?
- Will my house be covered if sunlight refracted through my crystal wind chimes sets it on fire?
- Will your home insurance pay if an uninsured driver rams into your house?