Ask the Insurance Expert
Penny Gusner has been working in the car insurance business for more than 10 years. She researches your questions, from the routine to the bizarre, with equal enthusiasm. Read More
Want to know if your question is answered?
No. If you and your brother are listed on the life insurance policy as the beneficiaries, you will receive the…
You should be able to simply remove your truck from your car insurance policy without spilling the beans about your…
The Transamerica Center for Health Studies (TCHS) recently conducted a survey that found 43 percent of uninsured Americans are unaware…
Yes, homeowners insurance does indeed cover a car crashing into your house. Damage caused by vehicles to your house is…
Additional Insurance Expert Questions
- Actual cash value or replacement value -- which is the better choice for personal property coverage?
- At 24 can my parents legally drop me from their health insurance plan?
- Can I claim for accident that occurred months ago due to new damage found?
- Can I make a claim for bamboo that invaded my yard and damaged my shed?
- Can a claim on my previous house affect my new home’s insurance premium?
- Can living in a community-property state affect my life insurance policy?
- Can my employer require me to keep a child on health insurance if she has her own job-based health plan?
- Can the insurer of a motorist who hit me deny my claim?
- Can your job-based health insurance be canceled the day you quit?
- Do I have to keep my wife that doesn’t drive on my auto policy?
- Do life insurance companies require proof of health insurance for beneficiaries?
- How did my adult child become the owner of a life insurance policy I bought when he was a minor?
- I flipped my car into a canal. What will my car insurance company pay if I have minimum coverage?
- If my insurer’s total loss payment didn’t pay off my loan can I file a second claim with the at-fault driver’s insurer?
- If uninsured and hit in Louisiana, can I make a claim with the at-fault party?
- Is there a special health insurance enrollment period to add my adopted child?
- My brother passed away and never removed his ex from his life insurance policy. What can be done?
- Should my health insurance benefits start immediately with my new job?
- What happens if COBRA coverage expires while I’m in the hospital after surgery?
- Wild cats have nested in our attic. Is this covered by home insurance?
- Will a grilling mishap at my home be covered?
- Will insurance pay if I do donuts in my yard with my truck and hit my house?
- Will my home insurance cover my dog’s vet bills from an injury at home?
- Will parent’s secondary coverage pay what my primary health insurer does not?
- Is it a good thing if my mother-in-law names me and my husband as life insurance beneficiaries?
- Am I required to carry home insurance if my house is paid off?
- Can I add my fiancé to my health insurance plan?
- Can I list my same-sex partner as my life insurance beneficiary?
- Can I use life insurance money from my child’s father to buy a house?
- Can an employer automatically enroll me in a health insurance plan?
- Can my auto insurer ask for proof of new policy or residence change in order to drop my teen?
- Can my home insurer demand personal information for a theft claim?
- Can using your health insurance too much affect your employer’s plan cost?
- Do I have any cash value with my term life insurance policy?
- Do both parents have to sign on a child life insurance policy?
- Does my home insurance cover damage from water and mold?
- How does the deductible work when you lose insurance or change health insurers?
- If an excluded driver takes my car without consent and crashes will my insurer pay?
- If uncle owns car, can I insure it as the principal driver?
- Is it possible to take out a life insurance policy on ex-spouse who owes child support?
- Mother has no life insurance beneficiary; can one of my siblings claim all the benefits?
- My teen moved in with his mother. Do I have to keep him on my car insurance policy?
- Should my homeowners policy pay for injuries I received on my property?
- What is my next step after finding cheaper car insurance rates?
- Will I get a smoking rate for life insurance if I only use e-cigarettes?
- Will home policy pay for rotten floor joists from cause unknown?
- Will my health insurer know if I fib and say my boyfriend is my husband?
- Will my house be covered if sunlight refracted through my crystal wind chimes sets it on fire?