Ask the Insurance Expert
Penny Gusner has been working in the car insurance business for more than 10 years. She researches your questions, from the routine to the bizarre, with equal enthusiasm. Read More
Want to know if your question is answered?
Yes. Life insurance policies aren’t picky about who you list as a beneficiary. You can leave it to your spouse,…
No. Your daughter is excluded from your car insurance policy, so your full coverage does not extend to her accident...
Yes. When a child is born, adopted or received into foster care, a special enrollment period to shop for health…
It’s not necessarily an automatic denial of your theft claim, but not signing the document could certainly delay your claim…
Additional Insurance Expert Questions
- Am I required to carry home insurance if my house is paid off?
- Can I add my fiancé to my health insurance plan?
- Can I claim for accident that occurred months ago due to new damage found?
- Can a life insurance company send 17-year-old a check in his or her name?
- Can my auto insurer ask for proof of new policy or residence change in order to drop my teen?
- Can using your health insurance too much affect your employer’s plan cost?
- Do both parents have to sign on a child life insurance policy?
- Does a life insurance company send you a check and expect nothing in return?
- How soon can I add new wife (who is expecting) to my health plan?
- If I bundle home and auto policies, will my homeowners be canceled if I insure a second car elsewhere?
- If a court doesn’t find me at fault, will other party’s insurer pay for my totaled car?
- If uninsured and hit in Louisiana, can I make a claim with the at-fault party?
- Is it possible to name a trust as a life insurance beneficiary?
- Is my niece covered to drive my car occasionally?
- My friend ran off with my motorcycle’s claim money, what can I do?
- Should my health insurance benefits start immediately with my new job?
- What coverage pays for broken arm received in single-car accident?
- Who is the owner of a life insurance policy?
- Will I get a smoking rate for life insurance if I only use e-cigarettes?
- Will home insurance cover items stolen from open garage?
- Will insurance pay if I do donuts in my yard with my truck and hit my house?
- Will liability coverage cover me backing into my wife’s car?
- Will my health insurer know if I fib and say my boyfriend is my husband?
- Will vandal’s home insurance pay for damage to my car?
- Is it a good thing if my mother-in-law names me and my husband as life insurance beneficiaries?
- At 24 can my parents legally drop me from their health insurance plan?
- Can I be told to drop my employed child from my health plan?
- Can I use life insurance money from my child’s father to buy a house?
- Can insured on life insurance policy be denied copy of policy?
- Can the insurer of a motorist who hit me deny my claim?
- Can your job-based health insurance be canceled the day you quit?
- Do home insurers require the heater and air conditioner to be serviced?
- How does the deductible work when you lose insurance or change health insurers?
- I work two jobs. Can I have two health insurance plans from each employer?
- If I’m the sole beneficiary of life policy and insured dies, can I borrow from the policy?
- If uncle owns car, can I insure it as the principal driver?
- Is a 30-day gap in health insurance allowed?
- Is my home insurance still valid if I forgot to pay by the due date?
- Is there anything to do if missed date for life insurance conversion?
- My job-based health insurance is expensive. Can I shop for a cheaper plan?
- Should my homeowners policy pay for injuries I received on my property?
- What is the best way to negotiate a good settlement for my totaled vehicle?
- Wild cats have nested in our attic. Is this covered by home insurance?
- Will a grilling mishap at my home be covered?
- Will home policy pay for rotten floor joists from cause unknown?
- Will landlord’s home insurance pay for tree that fell on my car during a storm?
- Will my group life insurance policy pay if I’m divorced from my spouse at the time of his death?
- Will my homeowner’s policy cover my diamond tennis bracelet if I lose it?