Ask the Insurance Expert
Amy Danise originally joined Insure.com in 1998 and is an expert on insurance topics, including auto, home, health and life insurance...more
Want to know if your question is answered?
Yes, life insurance will pay out in cases of murder – except where the policy owner (you) has committed the…
It’s possible. If the dog should have been on a leash, your brother could be found negligent and thus liable…
No, the ex-spouse really isn’t eligible because they shouldn’t have been kept on the plan as a spouse in the…
If your husband owned both the bikes, they should be covered under your home insurance policy. If your husband’s girlfriend…
Additional Insurance Expert Questions
- Can I insure my mother?
- Can I use insurance if a trick-or-treater falls on my property?
- Can I use my home insurance for a slip and fall injury in my back door from the snow?
- Can a new employer exclude pregnancy as a pre-existing condition?
- Can my employer make me drop my wife's insurance (dual coverage) if I want to keep their insurance?
- Damage to items in the trunk, covered?
- How can I found which insurance company insures my house if I have no papers or records?
- How much would a $25,000 term policy be worth if I surrender it after 16 years?
- I have been cancelled on my homeowners insurance since I was robbed this summer and filed a claim. Is this fair?
- I own two cars. Do they have to be insured by same company?
- If I get a woman pregnant that is not my wife, is she covered with my health insurance?
- If a parent has you on a life insurance policy can you be removed?
- Is it possible, or desired, to change a term policy to a whole life policy? (Bought a term policy rather than mortgage life insurance.)
- My $9,000 ring was stolen in a bar. Is this covered?
- My daughter rear-ended someone in my car. Is she covered under my policy?
- My ex-wife never took me off her health insurance after our divorce.
- My home insurer nonrenewed me. How can I find a policy?
- My son hit a deer. Will we have to pay a deductible to get it fixed?
- No one will sell auto insurance to my son after two accidents.
- Some girl let her boyfriend drive her mother’s fully insured car and wrecked into my parked car.
- Upon a person’s death, how long until policies are paid?
- What is it called when you use part of your life insurance death benefit for a terminally ill patient?
- What recourse do I have if my husband cancels my health insurance coverage?
- Would they put my birth control prescription under my mom so I do not have to pay an arm and a leg?
- Am I owed interest for 10 years on my mother's life insurance policy?
- Can I make a vandalism claim without a police report?
- Can I use my HSA debit card to pay for my live-in girlfriend of three years' doctor bill?
- Can I use my homeowners insurance if the garage door came down on my car?
- Can my boyfriend get his wife off his insurance?
- Can my insurer cancel my health insurance the same day I’m let go at work?
- Do life insurance companies test for liver cancer?
- How can I get insurance on my girlfirend’s car if it is not under my name and she does not have a license and mine is suspended?
- How should I distribute my life insurance benefit?
- I insured my car 2 days ago and reversed into a pole. Will comprehensive cover it?
- If I am rear ended, whose insurance pays and how much?
- If I transfer my life insurance policy to a new company does the new agent make money?
- If my landlord or condo association has insurance, does this protect my personal belongings as well?
- Is there an insurance policy that pays off the mortgage when one of the insureds dies?
- My 18-year-old is a senior in high school and got pregnant. Why did my insurance deny the medical claims?
- My daughter was driving unlicensed and was hit. The other driver's insurance company is denying our claim.
- My home insurance company says they will not renew my policy unless I get rid of my dog.
- My mother passed away and I think my family is lying about her life insurance. How do I find out if she had a policy?
- My son, 14 years old, is going to backpacking for 10 days. We are looking to insure him for any possible accident.
- Should my daughter be on my car insurance policy or on her own?
- Someone’s roof crashed into my home during Hurricane Sandy. Will my homeowners cover the damage?
- What is hurricane insurance?
- What is the time frame you have to add your 16-year-old child to your insurance?
- Will a life insurance company pay the benefit if a policyholder has been paying nonsmokers premium and is a smoker and dies of lung cancer after the two year probation period?