Ask the Insurance Expert
Penny Gusner has been working in the car insurance business for more than 10 years. She researches your questions, from the routine to the bizarre, with equal enthusiasm. Read More
Want to know if your question is answered?
No, your insurance company can’t refuse to pay if the life insurance policy was intact at the...
You are the policyholder and thus ultimately responsible for making certain the car insurance bi...
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) allows young adults under age 26 to remain on a parent’s h...
Yes, the person could put a claim through your homeowners insurance...
Additional Insurance Expert Questions
- At 24 can my parents legally drop me from their health insurance plan?
- Can I get a free copy of the report that shows my past home insurance claims?
- Can I make my 23-year-old chip in for health insurance costs?
- Can an employer automatically enroll me in a health insurance plan?
- Can my auto insurer ask for proof of new policy or residence change in order to drop my teen?
- Can my employer require me to keep a child on health insurance if she has her own job-based health plan?
- Can using your health insurance too much affect your employer’s plan cost?
- Do I have to keep my wife that doesn’t drive on my auto policy?
- Does a life insurance payout need to go into the deceased’s estate?
- Does home insurance have a grace period for payments?
- Does my home insurance cover damage from water and mold?
- How did my adult child become the owner of a life insurance policy I bought when he was a minor?
- How do I pay for funeral expenses without a life insurance policy?
- I flipped my car into a canal. What will my car insurance company pay if I have minimum coverage?
- If I have two cars in different states, in which state should I buy car insurance?
- If an excluded driver takes my car without consent and crashes will my insurer pay?
- Is it possible to take out a life insurance policy on ex-spouse who owes child support?
- My brother passed away and never removed his ex from his life insurance policy. What can be done?
- My teen moved in with his mother. Do I have to keep him on my car insurance policy?
- What happens if COBRA coverage expires while I’m in the hospital after surgery?
- Why do some car insurance companies ask for your VIN when you request a quote?
- Will my home insurance cover my dog’s vet bills from an injury at home?
- Will my house be covered if sunlight refracted through my crystal wind chimes sets it on fire?
- Will your home insurance pay if an uninsured driver rams into your house?
- Actual cash value or replacement value -- which is the better choice for personal property coverage?
- Can I divide life insurance money between my wife and my girlfriend?
- Can I make a claim for bamboo that invaded my yard and damaged my shed?
- Can a beneficiary cash in life insurance policy if the insured person is still alive?
- Can living in a community-property state affect my life insurance policy?
- Can my employer force me to take its health insurance plan?
- Can my homeowners insurance be canceled because my house is empty?
- Could a life insurance company refuse to pay if husband died while driving under the influence?
- Do I have to tell my car insurance company I totaled my vehicle?
- Does car insurance cover cat damage?
- Does my employer have to offer life insurance for my spouse?
- Does the “birthday rule” apply to spouses’ health insurance coverage?
- How do I get off my husband’s job-based group health insurance plan?
- How does the deductible work when you lose insurance or change health insurers?
- I retired and sold my car. Do I still need car insurance?
- If I swear at a police officer will I get a ticket? Would it affect my car insurance?
- If my insurer’s total loss payment didn’t pay off my loan can I file a second claim with the at-fault driver’s insurer?
- Mother has no life insurance beneficiary; can one of my siblings claim all the benefits?
- My dad passed away. Where can I find his homeowners insurance information?
- Should my health insurance benefits start immediately with my new job?
- When can life insurance be paid out on a person?
- Will auto and home insurance cover damage from a volcanic eruption?
- Will my homeowners insurance cover a drone I buy for personal use?
- Will parent’s secondary coverage pay what my primary health insurer does not?