Ask the Insurance Expert
Amy Danise originally joined Insure.com in 1998 and is an expert on insurance topics, including auto, home, health and life insurance...more
Want to know if your question is answered?
If the insured hid his smoking at the time of the application, then yes, it’s possible that the life insurer…
Any chance he could get his own car? Insurance companies generally require that you own the car in order to…
Yes, they can decide they won’t insure spouses who are eligible for another health plan. Here’s more on
He won’t be able to transfer the existing policy to you. You’ll need to buy your own home insurance policy.…
Additional Insurance Expert Questions
- Can I add my fiance’s daughter to my health care plan?
- Can I insure a car my daughter drives at her mother's house?
- Can I keep the remaining life insurance money without dividing it among my siblings?
- Can I use my home insurance for a slip and fall injury in my back door from the snow?
- Can my boyfriend get his wife off his insurance?
- Damage to items in the trunk, covered?
- Do I have to inform my insurance about a cancer diagnosis?
- Does California have a law regulating the percentage of the ACV (Actual Cash Value) used to determine a total loss?
- How can I found which insurance company insures my house if I have no papers or records?
- How do I know if I have enough insurance on my house?
- I have property insurance on my car for $50,000. If I am involved in a car accident and the value of the other car or house damage is $100,000 who will pay the rest?
- If I get a woman pregnant that is not my wife, is she covered with my health insurance?
- If my landlord or condo association has insurance, does this protect my personal belongings as well?
- Is a driver required to notify the auto insurance company if he has had a stroke and is still driving?
- Is there a reason why I should NOT have two health insurance plans?
- My $9,000 ring was stolen in a bar. Is this covered?
- My home insurance company says they will not renew my policy unless I get rid of my dog.
- My mother has paid more than $12,000 for a $10,000 term life policy.
- My sister took a life insurance on our mother without telling me. Our stepfather is still alive and the mother has just passed away. Who is the beneficiary?
- Someone’s roof crashed into my home during Hurricane Sandy. Will my homeowners cover the damage?
- What happens to the premiums we paid on the rider policy for the past 10 years? Am I due any refund?
- What is hurricane insurance?
- Who do I contact to report an insurance company for not paying out a claim?
- Would they put my birth control prescription under my mom so I do not have to pay an arm and a leg?
- Are we legally required to notify our insurance company if our 22-year-old son who is on our car insurance policy gets a DUI charge?
- Can I ask my employer to pay the premiums for the plan through my wife's work?
- Can I insure my mother?
- Can I use insurance if a trick-or-treater falls on my property?
- Can I use my homeowners insurance if the garage door came down on my car?
- Can the life insurance company deny coverage if marijuana is found in urine specimen?
- Do I have to add an 18-year-old boy that lives with me but is not related to me and does not have his own car yet to my policy?
- Do I have to tell my insurer I am in hospital?
- How can I find the name of my previous life insurance company?
- How do I find out if my husband has life insurance?
- I have been cancelled on my homeowners insurance since I was robbed this summer and filed a claim. Is this fair?
- I want to cancel my insurance policy.
- If I own my home and don’t have a mortgage, am I required to have insurance?
- If my son and his wife were to both pass away, who would their life insurance policies go to?
- Is it ok to have 3 life insurance policies, 3 different beneficiaries?
- Is there a study available showing consumers with less than perfect or good credit have more accidents than those with very good or perfect credit?
- My ex-wife never took me off her health insurance after our divorce.
- My husband put his son as beneficiary. Do I still get the insurance money?
- My neighbor let someone drive her car and he hit my car. She can't seem to remember the guy's name.
- My wife is disabled and cannot drive but my insurance agent told me it is cheaper to keep her on the policy than to take her off. Why is this? I will be the only driver in my vehicles.
- We just found out our auto insurance was canceled six months ago without our knowledge.
- What happens with a term life insurance policy if the person is still living when it has reached the number of years?
- What recourse do I have if my husband cancels my health insurance coverage?
- Will my health insurer cancel my policy because I saw the doctor before coverage was in effect?