Ask the Insurance Expert
Penny Gusner has been working in the car insurance business for more than 10 years. She researches your questions, from the routine to the bizarre, with equal enthusiasm. Read More
Want to know if your question is answered?
No. Only the policyholder can “cash in” a life insurance policy. In some cases, the beneficiary might also be the…
Many car insurance companies will want your vehicle identification number (VIN) when you’re applying for a car insurance quote so…
Your health insurance would be primary to you, but not because of the birthday rule...
Answer: Yes, it’s possible. Unoccupied homes can be hard to insure because they can easily fall into disrepair or be…
Additional Insurance Expert Questions
- Am I required to carry home insurance if my house is paid off?
- Can I add my fiancé to my health insurance plan?
- Can I list my same-sex partner as my life insurance beneficiary?
- Can I use life insurance money from my child’s father to buy a house?
- Can an employer automatically enroll me in a health insurance plan?
- Can my home insurer demand personal information for a theft claim?
- Can using your health insurance too much affect your employer’s plan cost?
- Do I have any cash value with my term life insurance policy?
- Do both parents have to sign on a child life insurance policy?
- Does a life insurance company send you a check and expect nothing in return?
- How does the deductible work when you lose insurance or change health insurers?
- If I’m the sole beneficiary of life policy and insured dies, can I borrow from the policy?
- If my insurer’s total loss payment didn’t pay off my loan can I file a second claim with the at-fault driver’s insurer?
- If uninsured and hit in Louisiana, can I make a claim with the at-fault party?
- Is my niece covered to drive my car occasionally?
- My job-based health insurance is expensive. Can I shop for a cheaper plan?
- Should my homeowners policy pay for injuries I received on my property?
- What is my next step after finding cheaper car insurance rates?
- Will I get a smoking rate for life insurance if I only use e-cigarettes?
- Will home policy pay for rotten floor joists from cause unknown?
- Will landlord’s home insurance pay for tree that fell on my car during a storm?
- Will my health insurer know if I fib and say my boyfriend is my husband?
- Will my house be covered if sunlight refracted through my crystal wind chimes sets it on fire?
- Will vandal’s home insurance pay for damage to my car?
- Is it a good thing if my mother-in-law names me and my husband as life insurance beneficiaries?
- At 24 can my parents legally drop me from their health insurance plan?
- Can I claim for accident that occurred months ago due to new damage found?
- Can I make a claim for bamboo that invaded my yard and damaged my shed?
- Can a claim on my previous house affect my new home’s insurance premium?
- Can my auto insurer ask for proof of new policy or residence change in order to drop my teen?
- Can the insurer of a motorist who hit me deny my claim?
- Can your job-based health insurance be canceled the day you quit?
- Do I have to keep my wife that doesn’t drive on my auto policy?
- Do life insurance companies require proof of health insurance for beneficiaries?
- How did my adult child become the owner of a life insurance policy I bought when he was a minor?
- How soon can I add new wife (who is expecting) to my health plan?
- If an excluded driver takes my car without consent and crashes will my insurer pay?
- If uncle owns car, can I insure it as the principal driver?
- Is it possible to take out a life insurance policy on ex-spouse who owes child support?
- Mother has no life insurance beneficiary; can one of my siblings claim all the benefits?
- Should my health insurance benefits start immediately with my new job?
- What happens if COBRA coverage expires while I’m in the hospital after surgery?
- Wild cats have nested in our attic. Is this covered by home insurance?
- Will a grilling mishap at my home be covered?
- Will insurance pay if I do donuts in my yard with my truck and hit my house?
- Will liability coverage cover me backing into my wife’s car?
- Will my home insurance cover my dog’s vet bills from an injury at home?
- Will parent’s secondary coverage pay what my primary health insurer does not?