Ask the Insurance Expert
Amy Danise originally joined Insure.com in 1998 and is an expert on insurance topics, including auto, home, health and life insurance...more
Want to know if your question is answered?
Their life insurance will still pay out, unless the overdose is ruled a suicide and the policy excludes suicide with…
No, there are no backwards policies. Insurance provides coverage only from the minute it's in effect until the minute the…
There’s no law that she has to take her employer’s plan. In fact, assuming your health plan is good, there’s…
If your husband owned both the bikes, they should be covered under your home insurance policy. If your husband’s girlfriend…
Additional Insurance Expert Questions
- Can I drop my daughter that finished college and got married?
- Can I use insurance if a trick-or-treater falls on my property?
- Can I use my home insurance for a slip and fall injury in my back door from the snow?
- Can a new employer exclude pregnancy as a pre-existing condition?
- Can my employer make me drop my wife's insurance (dual coverage) if I want to keep their insurance?
- Cannot find my insurance policies.
- Do life insurance companies test for liver cancer?
- How can I get insurance on my girlfirend’s car if it is not under my name and she does not have a license and mine is suspended?
- I have been cancelled on my homeowners insurance since I was robbed this summer and filed a claim. Is this fair?
- I want to switch life insurance companies. Will I be penalized?
- If I get a woman pregnant that is not my wife, is she covered with my health insurance?
- If my landlord or condo association has insurance, does this protect my personal belongings as well?
- My $9,000 ring was stolen in a bar. Is this covered?
- My borthers dog was hit and killed by a car. Is he liable for the car damage?
- My daughter rear-ended someone in my car. Is she covered under my policy?
- My ex-wife never took me off her health insurance after our divorce.
- My home insurer nonrenewed me. How can I find a policy?
- My son hit a deer. Will we have to pay a deductible to get it fixed?
- My son, 14 years old, is going to backpacking for 10 days. We are looking to insure him for any possible accident.
- Should my daughter be on my car insurance policy or on her own?
- The insurer company is dodging me about the diminshed value of my car.
- What is it called when you use part of your life insurance death benefit for a terminally ill patient?
- What kind of interest am I looking at 23 years after my father died?
- Would they put my birth control prescription under my mom so I do not have to pay an arm and a leg?
- Am I owed interest for 10 years on my mother's life insurance policy?
- Can I insure my mother?
- Can I use my HSA debit card to pay for my live-in girlfriend of three years' doctor bill?
- Can I use my homeowners insurance if the garage door came down on my car?
- Can my boyfriend get his wife off his insurance?
- Can my insurer cancel my health insurance the same day I’m let go at work?
- Damage to items in the trunk, covered?
- How can I found which insurance company insures my house if I have no papers or records?
- How much would a $25,000 term policy be worth if I surrender it after 16 years?
- I insured my car 2 days ago and reversed into a pole. Will comprehensive cover it?
- I'm overweight and have student loan debt. How can I get low life insurance quotes?
- If I transfer my life insurance policy to a new company does the new agent make money?
- Is it possible, or desired, to change a term policy to a whole life policy? (Bought a term policy rather than mortgage life insurance.)
- My 18-year-old is a senior in high school and got pregnant. Why did my insurance deny the medical claims?
- My car was stolen. How do I get insurance to get me a new car?
- My daughter was driving unlicensed and was hit. The other driver's insurance company is denying our claim.
- My home insurance company says they will not renew my policy unless I get rid of my dog.
- My mother passed away and I think my family is lying about her life insurance. How do I find out if she had a policy?
- My son took out a life insurance policy on me and cut all ties. Doesn't he have to pay my home care expenses?
- No one will sell auto insurance to my son after two accidents.
- Someone’s roof crashed into my home during Hurricane Sandy. Will my homeowners cover the damage?
- What is hurricane insurance?
- What is the time frame you have to add your 16-year-old child to your insurance?
- Will life insurance on my daughter pay out if she is murdered?