You can save hundreds — if not thousands — of dollars each year if you shop around for homeowners insurance. Saving money on homeowners insurance in New Jersey can be challenging if you don’t know the facts.
New Jersey Manufacturers Insurance has the lowest average homeowners insurance rates in New Jersey, with an average premium of $747 a year or $62 a month.
The good news is that Insure.com has simplified matters by carefully researching carriers and prices to find cheap homeowners insurance in New Jersey. We’ve ranked the most affordable homeowners insurance providers in New Jersey to help you in this process. Read further for our recommendations and for additional strategies designed to help you pay less for premiums.
- For homeowners insurance with $300,000 dwelling coverage, $300,000 liability protection and $1,000 deductible, New Jersey Manufacturers Insurance offers the cheapest homeowners insurance in New Jersey at $747 per year.
- In New Jersey the homeowners insurance cost is $561 less than the national average.
- Amongst all the zip codes in New Jersey, the cheapest homeowners insurance is available at the 8865 zip code, with average annual premium of $1,421 per year.
Cheap homeowners insurance companies in New Jersey
New Jersey Manufacturers Insurance, Allstate and Chubb have the cheapest homeowners insurance in New Jersey, on average.
There’s a large rate difference between home insurance companies. New Jersey homeowners could save more by shopping around and comparing insurance quotes.
Here are average annual and monthly New Jersey home insurance rates for a policy with $300,000 dwelling coverage and $300,000 liability protection with a $1,000 deductible.
|Company||Average annual premium||Average monthly premium|
|New Jersey Manufacturers Insurance||$747||$62|
|High Point Preferred Insurance||$1,432||$119|
|Fidelity & Guar Insurance||$1,495||$125|
Compare cheap homeowners insurance in New Jersey by ratings
Wondering how to choose the best insurance company among the options available? We have analyzed the cheapest homeowners insurance companies in New Jersey based on J.D. Power score and AM best rating. According to Insure.com’s survey, USAA received the highest J.D. power score of 882 and A++ rating from AM best.
|Company||J.D. Power score||AM Best rating|
How much is home insurance in New Jersey
The average cost of homeowners insurance in New Jersey is $1,744 annually for $300,000 dwelling and $300,000 liability coverage with a $1,000 deductible.
One primary driver of home insurance cost is claims history. Here are the top average home insurance percentage premium increases based on claims:
- Filing a second fire claim — 60%
- Filing a second theft claim — 55%
- Filing a second liability claim — 52%
- Filing a second water damage claim — 50%
- Filing a second medical claim — 34%
|Average annual premium||Average monthly premium|
Cheapest homeowners insurance in New Jersey by ZIP code
Location is a crucial part of your home insurance rate. Areas with more claims pay higher rates than ones that don’t have many. Here are the average home insurance rates by ZIP codes in New Jersey:
|ZIP code||Average annual premium||Average monthly premium|