You can save hundreds — if not thousands — of dollars each year if you shop around for homeowners insurance. Saving money on homeowners insurance in North Dakota can be challenging if you don’t know the facts.
Farmers has the lowest average homeowners insurance rates in North Dakota, with an average premium of $1,439 a year or $120 a month.
The good news is that Insure.com has simplified matters by carefully researching carriers and prices to find cheap homeowners insurance in North Dakota. We’ve ranked the most affordable homeowners insurance providers in North Dakota to help you in this process. Read further for our recommendations and for additional strategies designed to help you pay less for premiums.
- For homeowners insurance with $300,000 dwelling coverage, $300,000 liability protection and $1,000 deductible, Farmers offers the cheapest homeowners insurance in North Dakota at $1,439 per year.
- In North Dakota the homeowners insurance cost is $296 more than the national average.
- Amongst all the zip codes in North Dakota, the cheapest homeowners insurance is available at the 58052 zip code, with average annual premium of $2,230 per year.
Cheap homeowners insurance companies in North Dakota
Farmers, Allstate and Nodak Mut Ins Co have the cheapest homeowners insurance in North Dakota, on average.
There’s a large rate difference between home insurance companies. North Dakota homeowners could save more by shopping around and comparing insurance quotes.
Here are average annual and monthly North Dakota home insurance rates for a policy with $300,000 dwelling coverage and $300,000 liability protection with a $1,000 deductible.
|Company||Average annual premium||Average monthly premium|
|Nodak Mut Ins Co||$2,146||$179|
Compare cheap homeowners insurance in North Dakota by ratings
Wondering how to choose the best insurance company among the options available? We have analyzed the cheapest homeowners insurance companies in North Dakota based on J.D. Power score and AM best rating. According to Insure.com’s survey, State Farm received the highest J.D. power score of 835 and A++ rating from AM best.
|Company||J.D. Power score||AM Best rating|
How much is home insurance in North Dakota
The average cost of homeowners insurance in North Dakota is $2,601 annually for $300,000 dwelling and $300,000 liability coverage with a $1,000 deductible.
One primary driver of home insurance cost is claims history. Here are the top average home insurance percentage premium increases based on claims:
- Filing a second fire claim — 60%
- Filing a second theft claim — 55%
- Filing a second liability claim — 52%
- Filing a second water damage claim — 50%
- Filing a second medical claim — 34%
|Average annual premium||Average monthly premium|
Cheapest homeowners insurance in North Dakota by ZIP code
Location is a crucial part of your home insurance rate. Areas with more claims pay higher rates than ones that don’t have many. Here are the average home insurance rates by ZIP codes in North Dakota:
|ZIP code||Average annual premium||Average monthly premium|