You can save hundreds — if not thousands — of dollars each year if you shop around for homeowners insurance. Saving money on homeowners insurance in Oregon can be challenging if you don’t know the facts.
Safeco has the lowest average homeowners insurance rates in Oregon, with an average premium of $767 a year or $64 a month.
The good news is that Insure.com has simplified matters by carefully researching carriers and prices to find cheap homeowners insurance in Oregon. We’ve ranked the most affordable homeowners insurance providers in Oregon to help you in this process. Read further for our recommendations and for additional strategies designed to help you pay less for premiums.
- For homeowners insurance with $300,000 dwelling coverage, $300,000 liability protection and $1,000 deductible, Safeco offers the cheapest homeowners insurance in Oregon at $767 per year.
- In Oregon the homeowners insurance cost is $697 less than the national average.
- Amongst all the zip codes in Oregon, the cheapest homeowners insurance is available at the 97062 zip code, with average annual premium of $1,371 per year.
Cheap homeowners insurance companies in Oregon
Safeco, Nationwide and Travelers have the cheapest homeowners insurance in Oregon, on average.
There’s a large rate difference between home insurance companies. Oregon homeowners could save more by shopping around and comparing insurance quotes.
Here are average annual and monthly Oregon home insurance rates for a policy with $300,000 dwelling coverage and $300,000 liability protection with a $1,000 deductible.
|Company||Average annual premium||Average monthly premium|
Compare cheap homeowners insurance in Oregon by ratings
Wondering how to choose the best insurance company among the options available? We have analyzed the cheapest homeowners insurance companies in Oregon based on J.D. Power score and AM best rating. According to Insure.com’s survey, USAA received the highest J.D. power score of 882 and A++ rating from AM best.
|Company||J.D. Power score||AM Best rating|
How much is home insurance in Oregon
The average cost of homeowners insurance in Oregon is $1,608 annually for $300,000 dwelling and $300,000 liability coverage with a $1,000 deductible.
One primary driver of home insurance cost is claims history. Here are the top average home insurance percentage premium increases based on claims:
- Filing a second fire claim — 60%
- Filing a second theft claim — 55%
- Filing a second liability claim — 52%
- Filing a second water damage claim — 50%
- Filing a second medical claim — 34%
|Average annual premium||Average monthly premium|
Cheapest homeowners insurance in Oregon by ZIP code
Location is a crucial part of your home insurance rate. Areas with more claims pay higher rates than ones that don’t have many. Here are the average home insurance rates by ZIP codes in Oregon:
|ZIP code||Average annual premium||Average monthly premium|