CIGNA Life Insurance at Insure.com
CIGNA, a global health service company, is dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and security. CIGNA Corporation's operating subsidiaries provide an integrated suite of medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy and vision care benefits, as well as group life, accident and disability insurance, to more than 46 million people throughout the United States and around the world.
CIGNA can trace its roots back to 1792, with the founding of the Insurance Company of North America (INA), the US's first marine insurer. In 1865, the Connecticut General Life Insurance Company (CG) was formed in Hartford, Connecticut. Nearly 120 years later, in 1982, CG and INA merged to form CIGNA. In 1993 CIGNA introduced its Tree of Life brand identity. CIGNA's business segments include CIGNA Healthcare, CIGNA Group Life & Disability, and CIGNA International, all core businesses designed to help customers improve their health, well-being and security.
Term Life insurance provides coverage during a specific period of time — typically, in employer-sponsored plans, during the period of employment. Because the coverage expires at a specific time, Term Life insurance premiums can be far lower than those of whole-life policies. CIGNA offers a variety of valuable benefit options that an employer may choose to offer individually or in combination. These options include:
- Terminal-Illness Benefit, providing up to half of the coverage amount if a family member is identified as having a life expectancy of 12 months or less.
- Waiver of Premium, if the member becomes permanently disabled before age 60.
- Policy Conversion into an individual whole life policy, with no medical evidence of insurability needed.
- Portability, so that a member can continue the insurance coverage when they leave the company or when retired, with no medical evidence of insurability needed.
- Automatic-Increase Option, to help a member's life insurance keep up with their salary, up to a maximum of $25,000 over the previous coverage amount, with no medical evidence of insurability needed.
CIGNA's Group Universal Life (GUL) Insurance is a voluntary employee-paid, highly flexible financial planning tool that allows employees to receive life insurance and financial protection for the future. It combines substantial amounts of guaranteed issue life insurance with a Cash Accumulation Fund that earns tax-deferred interest at competitive rates. Benefits of CIGNA's GUL include:
- Tax-deferred cash accumulation fund that can assist the cost of retirement, college tuition or a major purchase for employees.
- Payroll deduction provides a convenient single point of purchase for benefits.
- Group rates
Contact Cigna at:
2 Liberty Place, 1601 Chestnut St.
Philadelphia, PA 19192 Telephone: (215) 761-1000
Sources: Cigna press release, June 15, 2009; “Cigna”, Wikipedia, June 20, 2009; Cigna Web site.