Elephant Insurance is a subsidiary of the Admiral Group, one of the largest car insurance providers in the United Kingdom. Admiral launched in 1993 and has now grown beyond the UK. It has operations in France, Italy, Spain and the United States. Its simple strategy is “to keep doing what we’re doing, and do it better year after year.” Elephant Insurance shares that commitment and works to provide reliable coverage and excellent service at reasonable rates.
Elephant launched in the U.S. in 2009. Their headquarters office is located in Richmond, Virginia. Elephant employs a direct-to-consumer business model, meaning it sells insurance online or over the phone, to pass savings onto consumers.
Elephant is writes insurance policies in:
- Georgia (coming soon)
Types of coverage offered (offerings may vary by state):
- Offers 12-month policies in IL, IN, MD, TN and VA, and in 6-month policies in OH and TX. Optional coverages of loan/lease payoff, custom parts and equipment, and income loss are also available in some states.
- Collector cars
Auto insurance discounts offered by Elephant:
- Quote online and save: Start a quote online and save up to 12% when you buy your policy.
- Pay in full discount: If you pay in full at the beginning of your policy you will receive a discount of up to 10%.
- Electronic signature discount: Sign up for savings of up to 14% by using e-signature to make the purchase of your policy online easier and faster.
- Paperless account discount: Sign up for paperless statements and save up to 2%.
- Early bird discount: Sign up at least five days in advance of your policy effective date and get a discount of up to 5%.
- Multi-policy: Auto insurance customers receive an 8% discount for bundling their homeowners or renters insurance policy, motorcycle insurance policy, and even their life insurance policy, making it even more affordable to buy through Elephant.
- Homeowner: Discount of 4% for just being a homeowner.
- Multi-vehicle discount: Up to 25% for insuring two or more vehicles on your auto policy.
- Anti-theft discount: In Illinois you can receive up to a 5% discount if you have an anti-theft device installed on your vehicle.
- Safe car discount: Your car’s safety features can earn you a discount of up to 4%.
- Responsible driver discount: If you’ve been free from accidents in the last five years, you may receive up to a 5% discount on some coverages.
- Good student discount: Full-time students with a good academic record may be eligible for up to a 6% discount on certain coverages. In most states, it is for policyholders between the ages of 16 and 24 with a GPA of at least 3.0.
- Mature driver accident prevention course discount: In Illinois, Ohio, Tennessee & Virginia you can get a 1% discount if you’re 55 or older and successfully complete an accredited accident prevention course.
Elephant Insurance contact information:
Deep Run I
9950 Mayland Dr.
Henrico, VA 23233
Phone: 1-855-353-7426 (1-855-ELEPHANT)
Customer Service hours (Eastern Time Zone):
Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m.to 9:00 p.m.
Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Claims – online you can report a claim 24/7
Claims Telephone: 844-937-5353
Claims Fax: 804-955-1722
Claims hours (Eastern Time Zone):
Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m.to 5:00 p.m.
Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.