Hanover Car Insurance at Insure.com
About the Hanover Insurance Group
The Hanover Insurance Group, Inc., based in Worcester, Mass., is a leading provider of auto, home and business insurance in Massachusetts. The Hanover Insurance Group is the holding company for a group of insurers that include The Hanover Insurance Company (based in Worcester), Citizens Insurance Company of America (headquartered in Howell, Mich.) and its affiliates. The Hanover offers a wide range of property and casualty products and services to individuals, families and businesses through an extensive network of independent agents, and has been meeting its obligations to its agent partners and their customers for more than 150 years. Taken as a group, The Hanover ranks among the top 40 property and casualty insurers in the United States.
The Hanover Insurance Group, Inc., is one of the oldest continuous businesses in the United States, still operating within its original industry. It was the original name of a property-liability insurance firm born in 1852. It remained a publicly-traded company under that name until the early 1990s, when it changed its name to Allmerica Property & Casualty Companies.
In 1996, it spun off Allmerica Financial Corporation as a property and casualty insurance and financial services holding company, which then bought out the original firm and grew to become one of the 500 largest publicly-traded companies of the United States. In 2005, Allmerica Financial Corporation reverted its name back to Hanover.
Hanover Car Says
Hanover goes beyond ordinary liability coverage, providing a broad range of options:
- Liability insurance covers property damages and bodily injury to others, up to the policy limits.
- Medical Payments Coverage, for reasonable medical expenses incurred from an auto accident, including injuries caused by uninsured or hit-and-run drivers.
- Collision coverage, for auto damage caused by a collision with another vehicle or object.
- In addition to collision coverage, the comprehensive option pays for actual cash value of new cars stolen within six months of purchase.
- Optional “Other-Than-Collision” coverage in the event of a collision loss. Depending upon the car’s value and other factors, it may be wise to add fire, theft, vandalism, or other non-collision coverage.
- Optional Towing, for when the vehicle is disabled by an accident.
Contact Hanover at:
The Hanover Insurance Group, Inc.
440 Lincoln Street
Worcester, MA 01653-0002
Telephone: (800) 853-0456
Sources: Hanover Insurance Group press release, June 23, 2009; "Hanover Insurance", Wikipedia, March 6, 2009; "Auto Insurance", Hanover web site